Chapter 7

Three Years After

I got admission into Lagos State University two years ago and i found it really interesting. I had literally forgot about Hussain. I only learnt my lesson of not trusting anyone again. My relationship with M.M on the other hand had became stronger. Don't get me wrong we never did anything Haram. I got to learn about from him. I want to be a doctor just like him and thanks to him, I've been ahead of my class. I took first class upper in my level 100 and he was really proud of me. Also, eversince the death of my mum, dad took Eshaal from her step dad. At first he refused to let her go but with the intervention of the Shari'a court in as much Eshaal is still using my dad's name.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Eshaal dressed up. She still hasn't gotten admission so she will be rewriting JAMB (Joint Admission Matriculation Board).
"Where are you going?" I ended up asking. "And why scarf not hijab? Dad ask you to start using hijab and stop exposing your body." I said and she turn to me, her face full of makeup.
"What's your relationship with Dr. M.M Are you falling for him by chance" She asked angrilly
"I like him so? Don't tell me you dress up wearing revealing clothes and pancake your face just because you are visiting him?"
"Dream no more girl, i met him before you" She said before leaving the room. Truly i might have got some feelings for him but i know he's not someone i can marry.

I dressed up for school and luckily dad was about to leave so I followed him since he will pass through my school before getting to his office

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I got to Dr. M.M's office but he's not there so I called him but he didn't answer his calls.
"I'm here already" He said walking into his office with....
"I'm not gonna read all that today bah(right)" I asked and he frown. He drop almost 5 voluminous medical books on the table which makes my heart skip a beat.
"You have an hour before you test and your time start now" He said pointing to the wall clock in his office.

I groaned and reluctantly start reading
"Before I forget......"
"Don't disturb me, i need to read" I said and he smile before sitting on the couch. I actually like sitting on his chair which had become a routine.
After thirty minutes. I finish skimming through 2 books and decided to go get myself something to eat.
"Where are you going?"
"To feed the crocodiles in my stomach" I said and he smile shaking his head.
Walking out of the office I met a niqabis.
"As Salam Alaykum" She greeted and i reply
"Sorry who are you?" I asked
"Is Dr. Ibrahim in?" She asked ignoring my question. And everyone knows him as M.M. (Muhammad Mustapha)
"Yes"
"Who are you?"
"I'm his student"
"Students?" She asked surprised and i frown nodding
"Yes, excuse me please" I said before speaking to my leg. Getting to the cafeteria, i got a takeaway of fruit salad and a takeaway of vegetable salad with a carton of yoghurt before heading back to the office.

I open the door and the scene in front of me made me halt on my tracks. My heartbeat increases and i quickly close the door. They are kissing, like M.M is kissing that lady. After calming myself, i knock and with the countdown of 3the door open.
"You're back" He asked and I nod. I walk into the office to see her sitting on my seat. Shes his wife so i dare not claim that chair again. I pick up my bag, stuff the food i got into the tote bag. I took a plastic bag and put the remaining books into it.
"What's wrong baby girl? Are you leaving already?"
"I have to leave, please let's postpone the text till our next class in Sha Allah(If Allah wills)" I said blinking back my tears and he nod also muttering 'In Sha Allah'
"Hmm... Baby girl meet my wife, Mutmahinat"
"I know that already." I replied and a tear roll down my eyes which i quickly wipe away

I ran out of the room and he followed calling me. I got out of the building only to realize that its getting dark already.
"Miskiyyah" He called standing in front of me.
"Is something wrong. Did i do something wrong?" He asked.
" I hate it M.M i told you everything about Hussain. I told you I hate it if someone dear to me keep secrets from me. And yet you kept such thing from me. You've been taking care of me, teaching me but i ended up falling for you even though I know you are someone i can't marry. I hate it when someone kept a secret from me. I wouldn't have fall in love if you had told me you're married. By the way, your wife is damn beautiful" I said before leaving with tears rolling down my eyes.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Where are you coming from?" Eshaal asked
"None of your business"
"Let's end this Basmah"
"End what? And I'm Miskiyyah not Basmah" I said walking into the closet
"I want us to forget everything that happen in the past. Wallahi I'm damn serious. Take a look at Dhikra and Dhikr, they are lovely. Let's end our differences and everyone will be happy." Eshaal said and I burst into laughter.
"Did you by chance hit your head on something" I asked and she frowned.
"Please stop it I'm serious. Let's make things work out between us." She said and i stare at her. She's really serious.
Without saying anything i walk out of the room.

"Mum" I called walking into the kitchen Before i could say anything Eshaal walks in.
"Mum" She also called and I frown. I hate it when she call her mum, i actually don't know why.
"And what are you doing now Eshaal?"
"And what's wrong in me calling her mum?" She yelled back at me
"And whatever evil you...."
"Why do you always view me as a bad girl."
"Eshaal, i have done nothing wrong...."
"I told you to leave M.M" She said and I stare at her angry.
"We are not talking about M.M. Don't try to change the topic"
"I wanted thing to work out between us but...."
"Shut up" I said holding my head with my two hands.
" I hate you" She said before leaving.
Wallahi I really don't know what's wrong with her. I thought she really want to change but i was wrong.

"Miskiyyah" I looked around only to realized that everyone was present.
"Who's M.M" Dad asked and I bite my bottom lip.
"Let her go to school. You guys can talk later" Nanny said
"Okay" Dad said before sitting down.
"Allah Hafiz" I said carrying my black tote bag with my name written in Arabic on it.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I got out of the school gate waiting for my dad or mum to come pick me up. They still think of me as a baby and don't allow me to go home myself.

A car stopped in front of me and i step backwards. The passengers door open and a niqabi stepped out
"Miskiyyah As Salam Alaykum" She greeted and i mumbled my reply.
The driver seat opened and M.M got down smiling. Immediately i recognized the woman as Mutmahinat.
"Get in lover" He said opening the back seat door.
" Oh yeah I have a handsome brother and he's single. I should introduce you to him" Mutmahinat said bit i just stare at her.
'Did he freaking tell his wife everything' i thought
"I hate you both just leave." I said turning to leave but she pulled me into the car.
"My brother will be home by now. We should go there" She said and i shook my head.
"I want to go home" I said
"I talked to your nanny  already  so she will inform your parents." M.M said and i just nod.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

As Salam Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, hi, hello, good day everyone. So this is another chapter don't forget to vote, comment, and share.

Please ignore my mistakes

Love you all 🥰😘