Chapter 20

The Prophet (SAW) said: "The closest that the slave comes to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so invoke Allah much (in prostration)".

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

A month after

I groaned for the upteenth time before closing the laptop angrilly. Standing up from the bed, I wore my flip flops before leaving the room.

The door bell ring and I moved towards the door after putting on my khimar which is long enough to cover my legs. I opened the door to see Naheemah.

"Naheemah, As Salam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu" I greeted fully, surprised.

"Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu" She replied as I move aside for her to come in.

"How come you are here?, aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked but she just shrugged.

"Are you the only one at home?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Mama is sleeping." I said and she nod. "Naheemah what's wrong?" I asked and tears started rolling down her eyes.

"He's getting married. Today is his nikah" She said before bursting into tears while I just stared at her surprised and confused.

"Who's getting married." I asked and just then the door bell ring. I put on my khimar before walking towards the door. I opened it to see Aaryan.

"As Salam Alaykum" He greeted and i replied before letting him in.
"Where's Saniyah?" I asked.
"With her uncle. Let's talk" He said and I nod.

We walked into the sitting room and Naheemah stood up carrying her bag.
"Naheemah" I called and she smiled. The smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

"We will talk later. You should attend to your visitor" Naheemah said before leaving. I watch her leave and I felt a prick on my heart. This is the first time Naheemah will be this helpless and broken. She needs someone to talk to.

"Is something wrong with her?" Aaryan asked and I nod.
"Why are you here?" I asked changing the topic.

"I want to remarry" He said and my eyes widened as my head snapped up to look at him.
"Are you serious. I mean you love Saniyah mum so much and...."
"I know. I love Bareeroh so much but Mama and Ayaan told me to move on and get a mum for Saniyah. I was discussing this with Ayaan at the office and Saniyah heard me so she got angry and had been avoiding me since morning" He explained and I nod.

"So why are you telling me this?" I asked.
"I need you to help me in looking for someone that suits me." He said.

"Okay. I will" I said he nod.
"Where's Mama" He asked standing up.
"She complained of headache this morning so she used some pain relief before sleeping. She had been sleeping since then and only wake up for salah" I said and he nod.

"Okay then, my regards to her when she wakes up. Ma Salam" He said and I nod. He left the house and I closed the door before removing my khimar.

I lay down on the couch and before I knew it, I slept off.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I woke up with a sharp pain in my lower back and neck and I groaned. I opened my eyes and the first thing I set me eyes on was the wall clock. The minute hand is on four and the hour hand is on seven.

"La Hawla Wa La Kuwwata Illah billah" I yelled before standing up. I missed Asr and Maghrib salah. Ayaan is also yet to arrive from work.

I rushed to my room, perform my ablution before observing my missed salah. After praying, I left my room and head to Mama's room.