Chapter 29

al-Fudayl Ibn Iyādh رحمه الله said:

"أُنزل القراَن ليُعْمَلَ به، فاتخذ الناس تلاوته عملاً."

*"The Qur'ān was revealed to be acted upon, but people took its recitation as the action."*

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

It was like a bucket of cold water was emptied on me.

"Ayaan, it's me..." I couldn't complete my sentence as he just stared at me like he's trying to figure out who am I.

"Ayaan" M.M, Mutmahinat, Aaryan, Christianah and Naheemah called before they all rushed into the room.

He smiled at them as they started hugging him except Naheemah while I just stared at him tears threatening to fall.

He doesn't remember who I am but he remembered them all. I moved back with a bleeding heart and watch them get along. Forgetting that his wife isn't there.

"Who's she?" Ayaan asked his eyes darting towards me and that was when everyone noticed me. I burst into tears and kept on moving back.

"Momma" Haneef called running into the room and I immediately lifted him up before leaving the room. I let my legs took me to wherever my brain wants with tears rolling down my eyes.

I sat down on one of the stairs and burst into tears. Haneef put his hand under my niqab and wipe my tears with his hands.

"What happened momma?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I.." I couldn't finish my sentence as I choked on my tears.

Instead of taking the elevator, I had taken the stairs and here I am sitting on one of them.

"Ya Allah please have mercy on me" I cried pulling Haneef into my chest.

"Momma" He called his voice shaking.

"Five years Haneef, we both sleep and wake up in this hospital and in the end he doesn't remember us anymore. He had lost a part of his memories and that includes us" I cried and Haneef also started crying.

"Momma stop crying" He said and I nod but didn't stop.

But both stayed there for only Allah knows how long. No one came to look for us. Of course they have their brother back so why will they care about you? Just because you stayed with him and took care of him for the past five years doesn't mean you...

"Miskiyyah. Ya Allah, we've been searching for you everywhere, we've even checked the CCTV cameras. No one saw you coming here" Mutmahinat said proving my thoughts wrong.

"Miskiyyah" She called sitting beside me.

"Can you please leave us alone. Please I don't want to talk to anyone" I said facing the other side.

"Miskiyyah I can understand your..."

"You can't, Mutmahinat you can't. Your husband had never been in a coma before, he had never lost the memory of you before so you can't understand my pain" I said as fresh tears started rolling down my eyes.