10: Calls and Deep Shit

"What?" I say as my face drops.

"He got hurt. But you need to get here. He might confess."

"Rafe he already did confess."

"But maybe he will to the public. Maybe, as much as I hate them. Maybe the pogues will finally find peace." My stomach drops. This is gonna be hard to explain.

"Rafe..... it's not my dad I'm worried about."

"No. No. Don't you start with that shit again! He didn't do shit. It was all your fathers fault!" Looks like I hit a nerve, but he also just hit one.

"God Rafe! I saw both of them!"

"Then you're a witness! You could have turned them in! Why didn't you?"

"Because.... I couldn't do that to Sarah." I say truthfully.

"So you let a man die just to protect Sarah!"

"No! He was already dead!"

"Just, we will talk about this later. Sarah is freaking out." I hear him oass the phone to her as she goes to a different room. I look over and see Kie roll her eyes.

"Eve?" Sarah's shaken voice says through the phone.

"Sarah?"

"I still have it! I have no idea what to do with it! I can't believe you were gonna shoot him!"

"No, no, hey. Listen okay, I wasn't gonna shoot him. I needed to protect John B okay?"

"No, why did you need it earlier. You asked me for it right after Scooter died. Why?"

"Sarah..."

"If this has to do with the business, I'll help you."

"Sarah no. Your dad would kill me. I'll come by tomorrow and we will put it back okay?"

"Yea, yea okay."

"Yea, okay. Bye Sarah."

"Bye."

I hang up the phone and give it back to Kie.

"Murder?!" Pope says.

"No! Listen okay! It was scooter." I lie. They can't know it was Big John. They can't.

"Eve?" I hear Kelces voice.

"Kelce?!" I say. I turn around and see him. A smile goes onto my face as I run and hug him. He picks me off the ground and spins me around.

"I've been worried sick!?" He says once I'm on the ground again.

"I'm sorry okay."

"Did you hear about your dad?" He asks.

"Yea." I say as I look at my feet. I lift me head back up ajd look at him again. "Why are you here?"

"Topper found out about last year."

Worst 5 minutes of my life.

"What?" I say.

"He might tell Rafe." Kelce says freaking out.

"Kelce!" I yell making him look at me. "We were drunk. It didn't mean anything."

"What about the other 5 million times?!"

"Look listen to me. It was my fault. Just tell Rafe it was me before he punches you. Then he can take it out on me or some shit."

"I can't have you get hurt for something I did."

"I gave consent!"

"You can't get hurt Eve!"

"I don't give a fuck about what Rafe does to me! He's not okay akd no one is giving him the love he deserves! It's not his fault that we were together before!"