19: "Maybe its love"

"I'm so glad that they're still doing this." Kie says as we arrive to the outdoor movie. I just yelled at a buck of Kooks. The last place I wanna be right now is at a Kook thing acting all happy. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic." Pope responds.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest." JJ states.

"Just so happy to be here!" I say with a sarcastic smile.

"Imma go get some drinks!" Kie states.

"Can I get a Pepsi?" Pope asks us.

"I'll come with you." I state ad I walk up to order drinks with Kie.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?" Kie asks the guy.

"Sure." He goes and gets our stuff.

"Hey, Kie. Hey Eve." Rafe says coming up to us. "Hey, what's up?"

"The sky." I say smiling to myself.

"Tell your boy that we know what he did." Rafe says ignoring me.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asks.

"Uh, he'll know." Rafe states. "Eve? A word, privately?" Rafe asks.

"Sure." I respond.

I walk over by the trees so we're alone.

"So is this? Is this over?" Rafe asks. "I didn't mean to do any of that. I just- I just get this thing where I loose myself I guess. I'm trying to stop it. I really am trying. It's just-" I cut Rafe off.

"Rafe. I know you loose yourself sometimes. That's not why this is over though. We both know I like someone else. We also only got together for the business."

"Could we still be friends?" He asks.

"Yea." I smile at him. I actually mean it.

"Okay." He hugs me and then walk away. I go back to the others as the movie has started.

JJ gives me a confused look. "Just broke it off with Rafe." I whisper to him. "We didn't live eachother, it was only for the business so we agreed to be friends."

"As long as you're happy." JJ says with a smile. I look to the movie and smile at what he said.

If only it were true. I think Rafe and I breaking up was good. I think it's over with my mom. I'm happy with Barry. I just wish I had Sarah back. And maybe if the boy I liked, liked me back.

Kie taps my shoulder. I look at her confused. "JJ brought his gun and they did something."

I look to JJ. He looks at me denying it.

"Pope sunk Toppers boat." I look at him with wide eyes. He holds his hand up to my mouth telling me to he quiet. I turn back to the movie.

I look to the boys as they stand up.

"Hey, where y'all going?" Kie asks.

"We gotta wring it out." JJ responds.

"You gonna hold it for each other?" I ask. That causes Kie and I both to giggle. She holds out her hand for a high five and I gladly high five her.

I know I don't have Sarah right now. But I do have Kie.

I look to see Rafe, Topper, and Kelce walk towards where the boys are. "Kie." I then point to the boys.

She gets up and grabs my hand. We run behind the screen ti see JJ and Pope getting there asses beat.

"Let him go Rafe!" I yell as I grab Rafe off of JJ.

He stops once he realizes it's me. "I thought! I thought I could trust you!" I yell at him. Then I see it. He's lost himself again. He goes to push me but before I can I punch him in the face. He gets back up but I kick him in the balls he goes to bend down but I knee him in the face.

I jump on Kelces Jack trying to get him off JJ he quickly lets go.

"Rafe told me to. You know how he gets." Kelce tells me.

"Don't care what he says! Make choices for yourself!"

I then see the screen go into flames.

"Holy shit." I say. Rafe Kelce and Topper quickly run away as I run to JJ.

"JJ! JJ!" I yell as tears form in my eyes seeing he isn't waking up. "God Dammit JJ I can't loose you!" He opens his eyes. I quickly pull him into a hug.

I pull him up as we run away from the burning screen.

The boys were talking about the fight from last night as I was by Kie.

"You so like him." Kie says.

I look at her smiling. "I broke up with Rafe because I like him. Fuck maybe it's even love. I just. Don't know."

"He definitely likes you back though." Kie states. I look at her confused.

"No he doesn't." I state not believing her.

"Hey, Pope, someone here to see you." Heyward says. We all look at the door to see out least favorite cop.

"Evening, Officer." Pope says.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoupe says.

"What?" Kie says confused.

"Hands where I can see 'em." I quickly step infront of Pope.

"Young lady, out of my way."

"Shoupe-" he cuts me off.

"Daddy's dead. I don't work for you no more."

"Whoa. Shoupe, what'd he do?" Heyward says as he starts putting the handcuffs on Pope.

"Look at the warrant."

"You're arresting him?" Kie says confused.

"You're just arresting my boy?" Heyward yells.

"Be careful!" Kie yells. JJ and I stay silent. I know what JJs gonna do. They start taking JJ outside.

"JJ don't take the fall." I say stepping infront of him.

"I told him to do it. He has to much to risk." JJ states.

Tears form in my eyes as some start to fall.

"Please- please don't cry." JJ says. He hates it when I cry. It breaks him. I move out of the way letting him go.

"It wasn't him!" He yells as they all look at him. "It was me. He tried to talk me out of it, but I was mad because he'd just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame
for somethin' I did." JJ says now right infront of Pope. "You've got too much to lose."

"JJ, what are you doing?" Pope asks.

"I'm tellin' the truth. For once in my goddamn life, I'm gonna tell the truth. I took his old man's boat, too."

"What the hell?" Heyward says.

"JJ, come on." Pope starts.

"Just shut up, Pope! Just shut up. He's a good kid. You know where I'm from." JJ says talking to Shoupe for the last part.

"Yeah."

"This was all me."

"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asks.

"Whole truth, swear to God." JJ responds.

"I know what you think, damn it, I'm asking Pope."

"Yeah, that about covers it." Pope states.

They take the handcuffs off of Pope and put them on JJ. They put him in the cop car akd drive away I look away not wanting them to know I'm crying. Who knows what Luke will do. It won't be pretty.

1210 words. I'm trying to update all my other story's. But next chapter it's gonna get messy after that. Let's just say that. Eve is gonna go through it.