39: Thats It Then

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section ,  you are charged with murder in the first degree  with aggravated circumstances.  If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty."

Those words I never thought I would hear in my life. Death penalty? I feel JJ stand up as we all yell.

"Your Honor, he's 17!" JJ yells as Pope and I pull him out. I hear Sarah yells for him as Kie grabs her before Ward or Rafe can.

"Justice is served. He had it coming." I hear a lady say.

"Is this a joke? Like, are we in hell or...?" Kie asks.

"I should have never come home." Sarah says

"They're gonna kill him, guys. I know it." JJ says

"Sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank God the system works." I hear someone say to my parents and Ward's family.

"Can you please shut up? Of course you think the system worked  because it was made to protect you and people like you." Kie yells at them.

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." The man says.

"He shouldn't even be in court!" Kie yells.

"You two should, 'cause your murder's." I say to Ward and Johnathan. "You have a lot of nerve showing up to court."

"I know you're upset. I understand you're upset, okay?" Ward says to try and calm down the situation.

"Upset?" Kie says shocked.

"I know he's got you fooled." Ward tells me.

"He has me fooled?" I say shocked. "You were supposed to be my father!" I yell at Johnathan. "Instead you and Ward made me clean up the body of Big John! You made me deal with the business, the businesses that protects you from jail!

"Show some respect!" He says as Shoupe grabs me.

"Let go of me!" I yell at him.

"Why don't you take the Kooks down for a change?" JJ yells at Shoupe as he grabs me.

"Shoupe I should be able to have a conversation with my parents no matter how public it is!" I yell at him. "I went into a fucking sewer drain for that god damn gun and we both know it says Wards name!" I whisper shout at him.

"You wanna get arrested?" He asks me.

"Sure arrest me. I don't give a fuck!" I yell at him. "Because you don't know how to do you're god damn job!" I yell at Shoupe.

"Allison get you're daughter!" Shoupe yells at her!

"No." I hear my mom say as I look at her confused. "I'm not gonna tell her what to do."

"If you don't walk away I'm putting you in jail Eve." Shoupe states.

"For what?" I ask confused l. "For talking to my family? Cause that's bullshit."

"Maybank control youre damn girlfriend!" I hear my dad yell. I know damn well JJ won't touch me. He knows that no man should control their girlfriend.

"Go!" Shoupe yells at me.

"You should be fired. Peterkin would be so disappointed in you." I tell him before walking away.

"It's not a coincidence that your daughter's sitting with them." I hear my mom yell. I look back and see her walk away from my father. Maybe she was changing. I look up at JJ confused to make sure we saw the same thing.

"What's-?" He asks.

"I have no clue. Maybe she is actually changing?" I question.