17: Royal Merchant

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." John B yells.

"Roger that! X marks the spot."

"All right, ladies and gentlemen. To going full Kook." I say with a smile. They lower the drone thingy into the water. I didn't have a job. I was just supposed to help everyone I guess. So I'm deciding to hangout with JJ.

"All right, JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds northwest." John B yells.

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest." He states.

"Wow, that was hot." I say flirting with him.

"You're hot." He flirts back.

"I know." I say smiling at him.

"One hundred feet." Kie yells.

"What? What, what, what, what?" I say as Pope gasps.

"It's nothing." He says. Everyone groans. "Sorry, I thought..."

"Don't do that to me, man." JJ says.

"Come on, bro!" John B states.

"My bad. I just thought I saw..." Pope starts but decided to be quiet.

I go back to where JJ is and whisper to him. "He definitely saw a fish." We both laugh. Ugh his smile.

"And to quote The Hobbit, "Down, down, to Goblin Town. Down, down, you go, my lad."" Pope says ik the distance.

"Four hundred feet!" She yells. I leave JJ to go help her as I hear thunder.

"The tide's turning." I say to no one in particular. The monitor starts beeping.

"Ten seconds easy. South-southeast." John B says to JJ.

"Copy that!" He yells

"JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right South." John B yells again.

"Copy that! Aye, aye."

"Come on." I say hoping to see something on Popes machine thing.

"Keep the tether out of the prop!" John B yells.

"I'm trying!" Kie says.

"JJ, keep going!" John B yells as more thunder is heard.

"John B, is that good?" JJ yells.

"We're good!"

"Okay, 700 feet!" Kie yells.

The thunder is getting louder and louder. John B keeps shouting things at JJ. And Kie keeps saying numbers.

"What do you got, Pope? Come on, man. What do you see?" John B asks Pope.

"Nothin'. A whole lot of nothin'."

"You should be right above it." I state.

"I'm at the bottom! I'm at the bottom!" Pope yells.

"Okay, steady here, JJ!" John B shouts. "Steady here. Quarter speed, all right You should be seeing something, man."

"I know, I know!" Pope says. We both freeze. The royal Merchant. "Wait, wait. Oh, good God."

"See anything?" JJ asks. Pope and I start laughing.

"The royal merchant!" I yell.

414 words. Episode 3 is done!