18: The Lunch

"It's not there." John B says disappointed. "Look, just... just pull the drone up."

"Shit." I sigh.

"Look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery." Pope says with hope. "We can... we can go back down."

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there." I state.

"Shut up!" Kie says.

"What? It's true!" JJ yells.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know." Kie  says hopeful.

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay?" John B states. "Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there." JJ says.

Great. We didn't find the Merchant and now I have to go eat lunch with my boyfriends family and mine.

I haven't spoken to Rafe sense it happened. My dad just died. Sarah and I got into an argument. Haven't seen my mom sense the argument about JJ and Barry. It's gonna be a shit show.

I arrive to the Cameron's with a fake smile and a pretty nice dress that I got from Barry. Turns out his hoes wear good dresses for dinners. He finally found a nice one to.

I knock on the door and see Rose.

"Hey Sweetie! Just on time you're the last one here!" She shuts the door and leads me to the table. Right by Rafe.

"Hey babe." Rafe says with a smile. I smile back.

"Hey." I sit down right next to him.

"So Eve, how's school?" Ward asks. He knows. I don't go to school because of the business.

"It's good."

"Where were you?" My mom asks.

"Oh I was with friends." I respond.

"Doing?"

I freeze. They can't know I'm following my Aunts tracks. They'll send me away. "Boating."

The parents start taking about things. I zone out thinking about the blond I have eyes for.

"Why are you smiling?" Sarah asks me.

"No reason." I respond. She knows I like JJ. I know she likes John B.

"I have to go." Rafe states. "The boys need me."

"I need to pick something up at the store." Sarah responds.

"I need to go to Kies." I tell.

"God." My mom says. "You kids are so obsessed with getting away from youre parents you can't even eat lunch with them."

"I don't even live with you!" I yell. I can't take this Kook shit anymore. "Isn't that you're rule. You live u see my house you follow my rules. Well now I don't live with you so I can do what I want. And Sarah! What happened with you! I didn't even do anything! And god Rafe! We all know that we don't work! For fucks sake you tried to Rape me! We all know I'm in love with JJ!" I realize what I just said. I quickly get up and walk out the house.

Fucking bullshit.

502 words! Whoop Whoop!