47: Friend Zoned

"You seriously didn't grab nothing, not one single gun?" JJ asks in disbelief.

"We tr... we tried, okay? I got attacked." John B states.

"This is why I should've gone with." JJ says pissed.

"Let me get this straight. You five, with no weapon, decided you were gonna hijack this tramp steamer on your own? Do you have any idea who these people are? Eberhimi, if he catch you, he's gonna kill you. dead. Cut off your fingers." Cleo says thinking we are all stupid.

"I like her." I whisper to JJ.

"Okay. What about waiting until we get to port?  At least then, if something goes wrong,
we have a place to run." Kie says making a plan.

"No. No, we can't do that." Pope says disagreeing.

"Why?"

"Because I've run the scenario over 1000 times in my head,  and our best chances are on this ship. There's 15 crew members and 6 of us." Pope says. "Three-to-one odds.  Best it'll get. We wait till we get there, they'll trap us."

"No, Kie, there's something else. Ward and Johnathan are alive." John B says.

"I told you! I fucking told you JJ! And you called me crazy!" I say standing up pissed at JJ.

"You knew?" Pope asks shocked.

"It was their plan!" I say shocked. "They fake their death and go to the Bahamas to live a better life." I tel them. "It was all a setup, blowing up the boat, the confession to Shoupe.
Think about it.  That was to clear Rafe's name.  And he does what? Goes to the Druthers. And what's on the Druthers? Scuba."

"And he has the gold  and the cross and Sarah." Pope tells us.

"Thanks for rubbing that in." John B says not liking what Pope said.

"So he's just gonna get away with everything again, huh? Not happening.  We're not watching this movie again, right, Pope?  You said we need the win.  And with her, we're going to the bridge, and we're gonna take it right now. You with me?" JJ says making a plan.

"Let's do it." I say agreeing.

"I'm with you, and I wanna be the one to take that bridge." Pope tells us.

"He's gonna take the bridge?" Cleo asks laughing.

"Yeah." JJ says confused.

"He couldn't even take me." She says as I laugh.

"First of all, I was going easy on you." Pope argues.

"I went easy on you." She says arguing back.

"If you're really with us, if we use that Knife, we can go up into the bridge, hold it up against the captain's neck, then we go on the intercom and make him tell the rest of the crew to meet up in the forward hull. Once they're in the same place, bam, we lock them in there, and we take back what's ours." JJ says making a plan.

"I like it. It could work." Pope says agreeing.

"Are you with us, then?" JJ asks Cleo.

"No. This is stupid." Cleo says.

"They're checking the containers." Kie says as we freak out. Cleo quickly climbs out the window even though we tell her to stop, she's just shushes us and leaves.

"She's gonna tell them. Shit!" JJ says.

"No she's not, she's helping us." I whisper yell at him.

"Hold up! This one's clear, sir." Cleo says stopping the guy.