16

"Ahmed and I got a house in Sunrise Hills. We'll be moving into it within this new week."

They all choked and Asma smiled proudly. Amal was the first to recover and she screeched. "You did what?!"

It was Saturday, March 13th and they were hanging out for the first time since the New Year at Athena so they could have their once in a while free food and drinks. Amal was the one who called them all out. Like always, they could not say no to free food and a period where they could focus on themselves, away from work and family.

Asma shrugged. "Ahmed and I got a house in Sunrise Hills." She repeated. "We'll be moving in this week."

"When you visited Amal's house the first time we got to know ourselves," Jameelah began, still in denial. "Didn't you say it was too quiet and lonely?"

Amal nodded. She recalled the scene. "That really did happen. You said you needed a place with more social activity which was why you believed you were never going to move out of Lokogoma."

"I know I said all those." Asma told them with a sigh. "That was before the area choked up though. I mean, you all know how serene our estate was until they started expanding it. Don't get me started on the traffic at Galadimawa roundabout these days." She shuddered. "It can be really horrible, especially during rush hours."

"So you and Amal are going to be staying in the same estate." Catherine said before she turned to Amal. "Amal, are you sure Sunday and I will not just move into the estate too like this?"

"Ah toh." Hussayna said in agreement. "Since everyone wants to stay in Asokoro now."

Amal shook her head at them before she turned back to Asma. "So what property did you get?"

Asma dusted off invisible dirt on her skirt. "We wanted a villa but it was unavailable. We were not ready to wait for about 10 to 12 months for them to complete one so we had to consider the other properties."

Jameelah's eyes were wide. "A villa! Isn't that the one with three floors and seven bedrooms?"

Amal nodded, just as shocked. "It is. Asma, what were you planning to do with so much space?"

Asma looked at them as though they were crazy. "I have three kids and they all need their rooms. I also need my room and so does Ahmed. That's five rooms gone already. Then the maid will have a room because I barely have time to stay at home these days and we need a guest room." She shrugged. "It was the perfect one."

Catherine nodded slowly. "You do have a point." She tucked a braid behind her ear. "But still, those villas are huge."

"So did you pick the penthouse?" Amal asked.

Asma shook her head. "No, we didn't. It's too high up and I wasn't comfortable with the fact that you'll have to climb stairs after taking the lift. Then there's the fact that we'll have to deal with people because it's a building with other apartments."

Amal nodded. "Yeah, that's true."

Asma continued. "We couldn't get a standalone house like yours and Zayd's so we settled for a large duplex. I hated the fact that it did not have a wall separating it from the next house so we requested for one and they've completed it."

Amal gasped. "So it's your house they were building that wall for. Zayd and I noticed it. It's not so far from our home."

Asma nodded. Her smile was wide. "It's like a seven minute walk to your house so be expecting me and my kids a lot."

Amal smiled back. "You're always welcome, Asma. You know that."

Catherine turned away with a dramatic hiss. "I am definitely not jealous."