37

The loud knock on the front door jolted them awake. Hanan groaned. "What on earth –"

The knocking continued and Zayd sat up, pushing the duvet back. Hanan kept her eyes shut, thankful that Zayd pulled the duvet back up to shield her nude body from the chilly air of the hut. The knocking did not stop as he quickly threw on a pair of sweatpants and a loose shirt. He then walked over to the door, unlocked it and pulled it open.

An unfamiliar woman smiled widely at him. "Hi, good morning!"

Zayd blinked. His voice had a slight rasp when he spoke. "Can I help you with something?"

"Oh, my name is Natasha Yade but you can call me Tasha. I stay a few huts away so I just wanted to say hi. I heard you'll be staying until the end of the year which is as long as my best friend and I will be staying so I just thought we should get to know ourselves." She would not stop smiling. "Did I wake you up from sleep? I'm sorry."

Zayd nodded. "Yes, you woke us up from sleep and I'm honestly not in the right mind right now. So can we get the introductions done later?"

Natasha nodded, still smiling so widely. "Sure! I'll come back later."

"Please don't." Zayd said. "If you have to, a single knock will be nice. You don't have to cause a ruckus."

"Very well then. I'll keep that in mind."

With a tight smile, Zayd stepped in and shut the door, putting the lock back in place. Natasha eyed the wooden barrier. "So na so you wan play, abi? No wahala. I get time."

Hanan sat up as Zayd walked back to the bed. "Who was that?"

"Some lady named Tasha or whatever."

"What did she want?"

He got in beside her. "Said something about introductions or whatnot." He removed his shirt. "I honestly wasn't listening." He glanced at the wall clock. "It's not even 8AM. She's crazy."

Hanan did not bother arguing. "Yes, she is. I'm going to have a headache."

He leaned in to kiss the crook of her neck. "I can help you with that."

"After everything we did last night and this morning's bonus? You have a lot of strength, Sa'ed."

He pulled back, his eyes on hers. "Is that a no, Nehita?"

She shook her head. "I can never say no, Sa'ed. You know that." Leaning in, she kissed him.

~*~

It was on their way to get breakfast that Zayd's mind finally registered what Natasha had said. He came to a slow stop, causing Hanan to stop as well. She worriedly asked "What's wrong?"

"I think there was a breach of privacy." Zayd replied, his eyes meeting hers. "Natasha, the crazy woman this morning, said she heard we'll be staying until the end of the year. No one is supposed to know that except the resort management."

"You think she got in contact with one of them?"

"I'm not sure." Zayd replied slowly. "As much as I don't want to cross paths with her again, I'll have to ask how she got such information. If there was an actual privacy breech, we're going to have a big problem."

"I hope that's not the case."

"I hope so too."

It was normal for his hand to find hers as they continued walking down the stoned paths, surrounded on all sides by nature and domesticated animals that freely roamed about. The Lubui Clubhouse was not so full and they found an empty table by the wall.