happy haldi!

Today was their haldi ceremony, a joyous occasion where relatives from both families applied turmeric and sandalwood paste to the bride and groom. Vibrant rituals, traditional music, instruments, and elegant decor set the festive atmosphere.

Mahi was getting ready for her haldi, with Vidhi assisting her, when Shrishti entered the room.

"How am I looking ?" Navya asked, showing herself all ready in a plain yellow-colored saree.

"Hawt," vidhi replied, and they all burst into laughter.

Suddenly, Navya turned to Mahi and raised an eyebrow. "Waise Mahi, tujhe saree pehne nahi aati hai na?" she asked, raising a brow.

(Mahi, do you know how to wear saree?)

"N-nahi," Mahi sheepishly replied.

(N-no)

Vidhi and Navya exchanged a horrified look.

"You kidding right?" Vidhi asked, but seeing Mahi's reactions, they understood that she really didn't know.

"Ek second, Mahi Di, aapko to khana banana bhi nahi aata. Ab aap kya kroge?" Navya widened her eyes.

(Wait a minute. Mahi di you don't even know how to cook, what you gonna do now?)

"Wo to maa ne mujhe thoda thoda sikha diya hai is ek mahine me," sighing, vidhi said, "Chalo kuch to aaya," while Mahi glared at her.

(Ma tought me cooking in this one month)

(At least she knows something)

Soon, they all got ready and went downstairs where everyone was present, including him.

Mahi wore a beautiful yellow lehenga with it's blouse adorned with intricate embroidery.

They made both of veer and mahi, sit next to each other, and the ritual started. One by one, their relatives started coming and applied haldi to their bodies.

"Happy haldi, best friend," Navya said before taking a big amount of haldi from the bowl and applying it on Mahi's face.

Mahi looked at her in horror and tried covering her face, but whom she was kidding, Vansh held both of her hands preventing her from hiding her face.

"Haanth chhod, Vansh," Mahi said in anger.

(Leave my hand, vansh)

"Sorry Di, but aaj main aapki baat nahi manne wale," and before Mahi could reply, Navya covered her face in haldi.

(Sorry sis, but today I'm not going to listen you)

Everyone started laughing by looking at them. Mahi wanted to grab both of them and cover them in haldi, but she could not fulfill her wish as her in-laws were present there. However, she made a mental note to take revenge for this.

Karnik and Diya were also trying to do something similar to this, with their Bhai sa, but just a stare from him, and they couldn't bring themselves to do this.

But Veer forgot that his angry stares wouldn't work on his dear best friend.

Avinash came from behind and rubbed his hands, covered in haldi, on Veer's face. And before he could return the action, Avinash ran off.

Their haldi went so enjoyably, and after an hour or so when it was done, both the bride and groom were asked to wash themselves. Vidhi took Mahi to her room. On the way to her room, vidhi got a message.

"Um, Mahi Di, actually mujhe kuch kaam aa gya, kya aap akele chle jaoge?" Ashi asked.

(Um, mahi di, can you go alone please, I have some work to take care of?)

"Hn, tum jao," Mahi replied before walking ahead, only to be dragged into a corner by a certain someone.

(Sure)

"Kya kr rhe ho aap?" her eyes widened.

(What are you doing?)

"Something I was dying to do for so long," Ranveer shrugged.

"Aapko pta hai na yahan hume koi bhi dekh sakta hai?" Mahi questioned.

(Anyone can see us here, you know that right?)

"Maybe," he whispered.

There was a question running inside his head, as he had been noticing something for a few days, which he decided to ask.

"Mahi?" she hummed.

"Are you deliberately avoiding it?" he asked.

"Avoiding what?" she asked, not understanding the exact question.

"Taking my name," he said, and she froze.

She had been avoiding it, and she was glad that he hadn't noticed until now.

"N-nahi toh," she replied, looking at everything but him.

(N-not at all)

"Achha?" he teased, before placing his finger below her chin to make her look at him. "Then say my name," he whispered intensely, looking into her eyes.

(Really?)

She wasn't like this, and she never thought she would behave like some typical woman in love, but here she was. She had never seen her mother calling her father by his name; she wanted to be like her, so ideal. But...

"Please, Mahi," he pleaded.

"R-ranveer."

It was just his name. He had heard thousands of people saying it, but he never knew that hearing it from her would make it so special.

He kept looking at her and didn't even realize when he started leaning towards her. But before he could do anything further, she placed her palm on his chest, stopping him.

"Bas ek aur din, patidev," she whispered before leaving him there.

(Just one more day, hubby)

_________________________________________

A/n: anotherr chapterr.

So I just realised we don't have a ship for Ranveer and Mahira yet.

Any suggestions?

And please read the privious chapter again there are some changes thankyou!