stay out of my family

"are you nervous?" Avni asked looking at mahira's face.

"Bohot zada" she replied.

(Very much)

"It's okay mahi, first night par sabko Aisa hi lagta hai but don't worry veer Bhai h na, sab sambhal lenge" Avni said, making Mahi even more confused about whether she was being consoled or teased.

(It's okay, Mahi. Everyone feels like this on their first night. But don't worry, Veer Bhai is here, he will take care of everything.)

Mahi was confused, but Veer was absolutely certain that he was being mercilessly teased by his friend and brother. His glares could momentarily stop Karnik, but there was nothing in the world that could stop his best friend.

"Tum log ab bas kroge?" He finally asked.

(Will you both stop now?)

"Chal theek hai, tu ja. Teri or energy nahi waste karte hum qki tujhe abhi energy ki zarurat hai" saying this Avinash and karnik both burst in laughter.

(Alright, fine, you go. We won't waste any more of your energy because you need it right now)

" tum dono ki shadi hone do fir batata hun dono ko" he irritatedly said.

(When you guys will get married, then I will see)

"Wo sab to baad ki baatein hai, abhi to tu apni soch" Avinash again teased.

(That's all a matter for later. Right now, it's time for you to focus)

"Tum abhi tak yahi par ho? jao jaldi, mahi tumhara wait kar rahi hogi" harsh said.

(Are you still here? Go quickly, Mahi is waiting for you)

"Bhai ab aap bhii?" Veer asked in disbelief. He thought being elder, at least he won't tease him but whom he was kidding.

(Even you, Bhai?)

"Arey Maine to bas yahi bola ke wo intezaar kar rhi hogi" harsh innocently said.

(I just mentioned that she's waiting)

"Ughh, main jaa raha hun" saying he left from there in frustration.

(Ugh, I'm going)

"Good luck, bro" Avinash shout from behind.

Though he didn't show it, Veer was consumed by nervousness inside. He was afraid that he might mess up. He felt insecure, wondering if she truly deserved him.

Never in his life he was this self conscious. People would like him or not, he never cared but this time, matter was different. This time he cared because this time he wanted her to like him. But Little did he know she already likes him, so much.

Gathering his courage, he was finally about to enter inside when...

"V-veer" it was Avinash again. Veer thought he was here to tease him again so he said, "seriously Avi, tu idhar bhi Mera peecha nhi chodega ?"

(Seriously Avi, won't you leave me alone even here?)

"It's important" he insisted.

"Come on Avi, we can talk about business tomorrow. Ab bhaag yahan se isse phle ke-"

(Come on, Avi, we can talk about business tomorrow. Leave before-)

"Veer it's about the case happened four years back" as soon as these words left Avinash's mouth, Veer froze in his place. He could postpone any important work for her, but this was something different. For the past four years, he had poured his blood, sweat, and tears into uncovering the truth about that incident, and today he couldn't stop himself when he heard that they had found something related to the case. He left with Avinash.

Meanwhile, Mahi was waiting for his arrival. She was afraid, but deep down she knew there was nothing to fear. Based on the time they had spent together until now, she was sure that he was the best man one could ever ask for. He was caring, understanding, and gentle. She knew that even if everything fell apart, hurting her would be last thing he' do.

Her train of thought came to halt when she heard some loud sound coming from outside. She was in thought whether she should go out and check or not but when she realised that one of those voices was of her husband, she couldn't stop.

She immediately ran out and stopped on the stairs when she saw it was veer and Avinash, arguing about something.

"ARE YOU INSANE ? ARE YOU EVEN HEARING WHAT ARE YOU SAYING" It was veer he was shouting at the top of his lungs.

"Look veer I know it is hard to believe but this is the truth -" Avinash said calmly.

"AND WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT IS THE TRUTH ? WERE YOU PRESENT THERE? HAVE YOU SEEN IT?" Veer was out of control she has never seen his this angry that too with his own best friend and his this form, she was scared.

(AND WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT IS THE TRUTH? WERE YOU PRESENT THERE? HAVE YOU SEEN IT?)

"Maine wahan nhi tha veer par Jo tha usne to dekha h" Avinash argued.

(I wasn't there, Veer, but the person who was, saw everything)

"AUR TU US DO KODI KE NOKAR KI BAATON ME A RHA HAI?" Veer said showing his disbelief.

(AND YOU TRUST THE WORDS OF SOME INSIGNIFICANT PERSON?)

"Veer tu jo bhi bole par sach-" Avinash began, but Veer interrupted him by throwing a flower vase forcefully, just centimeters away from Yash.

(Veer, no matter what you say, but the truth—)

A loud gasp escaped Mahi's mouth. Shock would be an understatement to describe her state in that moment.

"SHUT UP" Veer dangerously glared at Avinash. He grabbed his collar tightly.  "Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Meri family ke baare me kuch bolne se phele do baar soch lena, Avinash Khandelwal" He released his collar and took a final glance at Mahi before storming off.

(Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Think twice before saying anything about my family, Abinash Khandelwal.)

"Veer" his mother called from behind but he didn't stopped. She knew this time matter was big because Veer and Avi were friends since forever. Same school, same college even same company. Veer family was Avi's family and Avi's was veer's. They argued a lot of time but never in his life Veer talked in this way to him. Avi was hurt and without saying anything he too, left from there.

"Diya, bhabhi sa ko unke kamre me leker jaiye" choti ma said and She done as she was told.

(Diya, take your Bhabhi to her room)

_________________________________________

A/n: kya hua hoga 4 saal pehle, guys?

Anyways!!!!

Interaction time!!

Q. Do you have any favourite movie? 👀

Mine is yjhd 🤧