missed me wifey?

She stood in the balcony, lost in her thoughts, gazing at nothing in particular, when she heard a knock on her door. Thinking it might be him, she rushed to open it, only to find Diya and Karnik standing there with a plate in their hands.

"Aap log yahan?" She asked supprised.

(You guys here?)

"Haan humein aapko kuch bohot zaroori baat batani thi " karnik said  with a serious expression.

(Yes, we wanted to tell you something very important)

"What is it?" Mahi questioned.

"Jo khana Aaj apne bnaya," Diya started "it was superrr tasty" she said excitedly and they end up laughing. But there was pain in mahi's laughter which everyone could see. 

(The food you cooked today,)

"Bhabhi sa, aap please pareshan mat hoyiye. Bhai ko kabhi kabhi a jata hai gussa par utni hi tezi se wo gussa chala bhi jata hai" Diya explained

(Bhabhi sa, please don't worry. Sometimes, Veer bhai gets angry, but his anger dissipates quickly)

"Haan bhabhi sa, zaroor kuch office related matter hoga aapko to pta hai how workaholic he is?" Karnik reasoned.

(Yes, Bhabhi sa, it must be some office-related matter. You know how much of a workaholic he is)

"To please aap pareshan mat hoyiye and we know you haven't ate anything since morning" Diya said offering the plate of food, "please kha lijiye"

(Please, don't trouble yourselves. I know you haven't eaten anything since morning, please have it)

Not wanting to hurt their feelings, Mahi took the plate and placed it on the table nearby.

"I will eat, and thank you both," she said, feeling grateful for having such a loving family.

Meanwhile In His Office,

"I'm sorry, Avi. Whatever happened yesterday, I let my emotions get the better of me. I didn't mean any of those words," Veer sincerely apologized.

"It's okay, Veer. But don't you think, after what she has done, we should confront her? She deserves to face the consequences," Avinash suggested.

Hearing his words, veer darkly chuckled, "She doesn't need to go anywhere for her punishment, Yash. She has already came at the right place. Welcome to the hell....

Mrs. Mahira Ranveer Pratap Rajawat."

[Veer really went from die for you to heartless 🫠]

***

"Are you ready?" her mother asked.

"Yes, maa," Mahi replied, taking blessings from all the elders before settling into the car. She was going to her home for the Pak Phera ceremony. The family members bid her farewell, but the person she longed to see was absent. It's not like nobody informed him. They called him multiple times, but he didn't answer.

Veer was supposed to drop her off, but in his absence, Karnik accompanied her. He tried his best to lighten her mood, but who was he kidding?

In the night, Veer arrived and entered his room, only to find it enveloped in darkness. Where is she? He wondered. Checking the bathroom and the balcony, he couldn't find her. He thought she might be with diya or his mother, so he didn't investigate further.

He grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower. After freshening up, he headed downstairs for dinner. The entire family was present at the dinner table, except for her. It was already 9:30, and if she had gone out, she should have been back home by now. But why was nobody discussing her absence? He grew worried.