"Get out!"

She was doing the dinner's preparation when suddenly, a voice came from her behind "Missed me, wifey?"

It was a whisper, right by her ear. Startled, she turned around and found herself trapped between the kitchen island and her husband.

 Startled, she turned around and found herself trapped between the kitchen island and her husband

"K-koi dekh lega" she timidly whispered.

(S-someone might see us)

"To dekh lene do" he replied softly, wrapping an arm around her waist, prompting her to place her hands on his chest. "I have the official right to be alone with you."

(Let them see)

Lost in their moment, they were interrupted by her mother's voice from outside, calling out, "Mahi..."

She immediately pushed him away and turned around, embarrassed. Her mother could also sense by their flushed faces, that she had just disrupted their privacy.

"Wo..tere papa a gye, to unke liye bhi khana laga dena" saying this her mother left them alone.

(Um... Your father has arrived, so please serve dinner for him as well)

As soon as her mother left, veer hugged her from behind. gently sweeping her hair to the side and planting a kiss on her neck, "just a few more hours, wifey" he whispered, leaving her in a flustered state before stepping away and going out.

She was taken aback by his sudden change in behavior. In his own home, he seemed distant and uninterested, but now he was being a hopelessly romantic husband.

Maybe he was just stressed about work earlier,' she thought, dismissing her concerns.

They enjoyed their dinner peacefully and bid farewell to their parents, receiving their blessings before leaving.

They were in the car. None of them were speaking until,

"Veer, ye aap kya kar rahe hain?" mahi asked concerned as he was driving too fast.

"Driving" Veer replied nonchalantly.

"Par itna tez?" She wasn't scared of speed or something. It was just she didn't want anyone to get harm by this.

(But why so fast?)

"Tumko to pasand hai na fast driving, to ab kya hua , Mahira?" he retorted.

(You used to enjoy fast driving. What's wrong now, Mahira?)

She was shocked not by the his remark but the address he used for her, Mahira he never call her like this before. She felt a mixture of shock and hurt, making it difficult for her to respond.

After that she remained silent, gazing out of the window in complete stillness. Suddenly, she turned her attention to the front and noticed a massive truck heading towards them.

"VEER"

She yelled bringing his focus back to the road, he immediately changed the direction and pressed the breaks, stopping at the a random point. It was just matter of seconds. If she would have been just one second late, God know what would have happened today.

"Ye kya-" Mahi began to speak, but Veer interrupted her.

(What was-)

"Get out" he suddenly spoke.

"Veer-" she tried to protest, but he cut her off again.

"I Said, Get Out!" he reiterated sternly. Without a second thought, Mahi got out of the car, which was now stranded in the middle of nowhere, as Veer drove away.

It was already 9:30, so there were only a few people in sight, and none of them were female. Most of the nearby shops were closed, but Mahi was too hurt to notice these things. She just wanted to go back to get home in her mother's arms and cry her heart out. This world was too cruel for her.

The weather was already stromy and soon the Strom turned into rain, following by the thundering.

"Shit"

veer cursed under his breathe. It was raining heavily and he knew how much she hates rains but he didn't know that right now she was grateful for rain, because it can hide her tears which she didn't want anyone to see.

He just wanted to her to suffer a little but her getting sick, was not in his plan. He immediately took an U turn and drove back to the place he left her.

He saw her sitting on a bench lying there, completely drained. he quickly went to her and tried covering her with his coat, to protect from rain but she didn't let him.

"Kya karne ki koshish kar rhe Hain, ranveer" she asked in disbelief. First leaving her here alone than pretending to care.

(What are you trying to do, Veer?)

Her calling him 'Ranveer' didn't go unnoticed by him.

He held her hand and tried dragging her to his car, "we are going home. Get in the car"

she removed his hand from her wrist, "I am not going anywhere with you" she adamantly said.

But it could not stop him. He firmly grasped her hand and forcefully made her sit inside the car.

He wasn't the same Veer she had married. His behavior hurt her, but she chose to remain silent, not wanting to engage in a fight. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she was relucant to cry in front of him. she quickly wiped them away and averted her gaze, hoping he wouldn't see her.

As soon as they arrived home, Vasundhara noticed Mahi's drenched state and exclaimed, "Oh God, Mahi, you are completely soaked!"

"Yes, Mom. Mahi wanted to enjoy the rain," Veer interjected, trying to excuse himself. Mahi looked at him in disbelief.

Blaming me for his own fault?

she thought.

"You shouldn't have done that, Mahi. You could get sick," his mother expressed her concern.

"It's okay maa, veer hain to Mera khayal rakhne ke liye" Mahi replied, glancing at Veer. "I'll go change now," she added, leaving the room.

(It's okay, Mom. Veer is here to take care of me)

_________________________________________

Interaction time!!

Q. How did you get to know about Wattpad?

I found it through Instagram 📷