blackmailing

She directly went to washroom knowing he might also be coming. She turned on the tap and let the water flow so that the sound of water can hide her sound of crying. She was tired she had no idea what she was getting punished for.

Sometime later she changed her clothes and slept because she found it useless to wait for him.

She was in her deep slumber but her sleep was disturbed by a loud music. She opened her eyes saw veer doing exercise with the music blaring. She checked the time, it was already 6 in the morning.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty. Now that you woke up, could you please bring me my coffee?"

She was amazed by his behavior. Not because he had turned on the music to wake her up, but because he himself had woken up early to do so. As far as she knew, he was not a morning person at all. With a sigh, she went to the kitchen to make him his coffee.

"Here" mahi handed him the coffee.

"Good. I want my coffee at the same time every day" he spoke and her mouth hung low in shocked. He took the first sip of the Coffee and,

"What is this? Tumhe coffee banana bhi nahi aata" veer Said placing the cup back in the table.

(What is this? You don't even know how to make coffee?)

Mahi frowned, she fell offend. She knew she was not a good cook but could make a decent coffee. Huffing she left the room because she was in no mood of fighting that early in the morning but she has decided that she is not be afraid of him anymore.

Little did she know that her dear husband was enjoying same the coffee as soon as she left.

***

"Are you ready?" Vasundhara asked.

"Ji, Maa," Mahi replied. Today, the Rajawats were going to visit their kuldevta's temple in a nearby village to seek blessings as newlyweds. Everyone was ready and waiting for Veer.

(Yes, Mom)

"What about Veer?" Vasundhara inquired

"W-wo bas aate hi honge" Mahi nervously responded.

(He...he will be here soon,)

"Aate honge matlab? Veer abhi tak office se nahi aaye?" Vasundhara asked angrily, and Mahi looked at her apologetically.

(Be here soon? Hasn't Veer returned from the office yet?)

They were supposed to leave at eleven, and although Veer had important business to take care of, Vasundhara had strictly instructed him to be present by 10. However, he still hadn't shown up. Everyone knew Vasundhara was strict and adhered to rules and responsibilities, especially as the Rajmata, and she was displeased with Veer's carelessness.

"Koi baat nahi bhabhi sa. Hum sab nikalte hai. Mahi hai na yahan, jaise hi veer aayega ye dono saath me aa jayenge" Gayathri tried to explain.

(It's okay, bhabhi sa. We can leave without him. Mahi is here, and as soon as Veer arrives, they can join us)