help me wearing saree

Mahi was left in a state of shock. Growing up, she had never witnessed her parents engage in serious fights. Aside from the occasional arguments between her and her brother, their home had always been a peaceful sanctuary.

However, the intense altercation she had just witnessed left her trembling with fear. What troubled her even more was the fact that her husband was involved. It hadn't even been a day since their wedding, and this unexpected event had taken place.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Mahi anxiously waited for his return. Hours passed, but there was no sign of him. She attempted to reach out by phone, but he didn't answer, and eventually, his number became unreachable. Exhausted and feeling the weight of the late hour, 1:47 a.m., Mahi found solace by leaning her head against the headboard, unknowingly succumbing to sleep.

It was approximately 3 in the morning when Veer stumbled his way into the mansion, clearly drunk. The lights in his room were still on, revealing his wife sleeping peacefully in the same attire she had worn since the previous evening, a clear sign that she had been waiting for him.

Taking a seat at the edge of the bed, Veer delicately caressed her cheek as he whispered, "kyu kiya mahi aisa? Main poorii duniya se lad skta hun tumhare liye par ...par main khud se hi kaise ladun?"

(Why did you do this, Mahi? I can fight the whole world for you, but... how do I fight myself?)

In that moment, Veer's vulnerability was on full display. She should have been his source of strength, the one to take all of his pain away, but without her knowing, she was the cause of his sorrows.

Exhausted and emotionally drained, he rested his head on the bed, eventually succumbing to sleep alongside her.

***

In the morning, Mahi slowly opened her eyes only to find Veer's face inches away from hers. Startled, she sat up and realized that she was still wearing the same dress from the previous day.

As she looked at Veer's calm expression, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something had happened last night which she was unaware of. Approaching him, she gently held his hand and asked, "kya hua aisa Veer, jo apko itna gussa kar gya ke aap apne bhai jaise dost se bhi ladne ke liye taiyar ho gye?"

(What happened, Veer? What made you so angry that you were ready to fight even with your best friend?)

She tenderly kissed the hand she was holding before proceeding to gather her clothes and heading towards the bathroom.

Emerging from the bathroom in a bathrobe, Mahi made her way to their walk-in closet. After approximately an hour, Veer stirred awake. As he went towards the closet to retrieve his clothes, he spotted Mahi struggling with her saree.

Leaning against the door frame, arms folded across his chest, Veer watched her wrestle with the fabric in her hands. And then, suddenly, it all came rushing back to him.