mine you

"kya kar rhi hai Mahi, isko aise pakad," Navya scolded.

"I never knew saree pehenna itna tough hota hai. Yaar yeh mummy log roz kaise pehen lete hai isko," Mahi spoke after struggling with the saree for two hours.

ring ring

Mahi's phone rang, but before she could pick it up, vidhi did.

"Hi, jiju," she said in an extra sweet voice. "Actually, na Mahi di, aap se baat ni kar payengi, kyu ki she's busy learning-"

And she was cut off by Mahi snatching her phone back and leaving for her room.

"Hello," she spoke.

"Toh kahan busy thi aap?" he enquired, and she knew she had to reply.

"Saree pehen na seekh rhi thi," she replied in a low voice.

"Haww, kal humari shadi hai, and you haven't even learnt this?" he dramatically said.

"Mujhe aaj hi yaad aaya ke aisa bhi kuch seekhna tha," she replied, pouting, which he of course could not see.

"Waise, you don't have to worry so much," he said after thinking for some time.

"And why is that?"

"Because I can help you with that," he proudly said.

"Aapko aata hai saree pehenna?" she asked, to which he sheepishly replied.

"Aata toh nahi hai, but seekh lungu tumahare liye," he suggested, and she shook her head in disbelief.

And they both continued talking like that for hours.

The next morning, they both woke up late. It was the wedding day, happy, excited, and nervous at the same time. Emotions were flowing.

"Mahi, tere makeup artist aa gye, ready jo ja," Mahi's mother ordered.

There is still a lot of time,

she wanted to say, but knowing arguing with her mom on a busy day is just like calling her own death. So, she kept quiet and left for her room with the two newly arrived persons.

While the bride's side was busy getting ready, the other side was already all set and immersed in the rituals to be followed before the departure of the Baraat.

The baraat is customary for the bridegroom to travel to the wedding venue, often the bride's house, on a mare, accompanied by his family members, with booking its own band, dancers, and budget

Ranveer's POV

It was almost an hour for the baraat to depart, and before that, many rituals had to be followed, which were started by Harsh bhaiya, as an elder brother wrapped sehra, a dark red piece of cloth, on my head.

After him, mom did my tilak and applied red sindoor on my forehead. Even though every person present there was happy, her eyes were teary, 'oh my santy mother.'