VI. Make No Mistake

Chapter 6,
     Make No Mistake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Mi'kayah stood on Neteyam's mind, for some reason after their interaction, he's been thinking about her. Possibly because she was just like him, the oldest of her siblings and having to take responsibility for everything. Or maybe perhaps he was just grateful for her quick lie, as it saved him from getting yelled at. All he knew was that the girl was stuck on his mind like glue.

  "Do they have a younger daughter?" Leia questioned as she walked with her older sister to the ocean.

  "Yes, her name is Tuktirey." Mi'kayah smiled as she watched Leia's lips curl into a huge smile, her canines shining through.

  Leia was a very outgoing girl, and she enjoyed making new friends, however it was no secret how mean the Metkayina children could be. So instead of interacting with kids her age, she had been hanging around her sisters, and only her sisters. Tikki found it annoying, simply because she enjoyed having space to herself but Mi'kayah didn't mind it one bit.

  "I wonder if she would like to be my friend."

"I think she would. Why don't we make her a bracelet?" Mi'kayah suggested as she crouched down to search for pearls.

Leia appreciated the idea and began to help search for different colored shells, the bracelet could be a nice welcome gift as well. Mi'kayah decided she would make necklaces for the older kids, and then figure out what type of tops and bottoms she could make for their parents.

  Once Leia finished grabbing her items she placed them in her pouch, soon the girls ran off to their marui, ready to make the jewelry for the family.

  "Kayah hurry!" Leia urged her sister as she stood in front of the flap of the hut.

  Her excitement was all over the place, she was very happy that she was going to make a friend. Mi'kayah fixed her loincloth and rushed out of the marui with one colorful bracelet for Kiri, their oldest daughter, a pearly necklace for Neytiri, a pouch for Lo'ak, a hunting knife holder for Jake, and a necklace decorated with shells for Neteyam.

  It took the girls about three hours to complete each gift for the Sullys, but it was fun. Leia had no idea where they lived so she held onto her excitement until they finally arrived. Mi'kayah called out for someone to see if she had permission to enter, to which Jake gave it.

  "This is my little sister, Leia. We came bearing gifts." Mi'kayah introduced the young girl.

  Tuktirey looked at Leia and smiled brightly, almost immediately Leia grabbed the young girl's hand and gave her the homemade bracelet. Neytiri looked at her husband, she watched as her youngest daughter make a friend.

  "Come, we can play near the ocean with my sister!"

  Tuk didn't decline the offer as she grabbed Leia's hand and run out of the marui giggling, Mi'kayah smiled softly before handing everyone their gifts.

  "Would you like to join me in watching our little sisters?" Mi'kayah asked Neteyam, she understood the boy had a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders.

  Neteyam accepted the offer and rushed out of the hut as well, he was very excited to get away from any duties he had as the eldest son. His excitement came off as childish behavior, but it was cute.

"I thought you were going to be like your sister, mean and unaccepting." Neteyam confessed sheepishly as he looked at Mi'kayah.

"Make no mistake Neteyam, I am nothing like my sister." Mi'kayah didn't look at him.

  Although they were raised the same and hung out a lot, Mi'kayah was her own self and nothing like Tikki. Her sister was always angry and vengeful, whilst Mi'kayah was forgiving and understanding. This was a mistake Neteyam shall not make again, he promised himself.