X. Not So Mighty

Chapter 10,
     Not So Mighty
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "The ilus are our friends, do not be afraid Neteyam." Mi'kayah teased as she noticed the boy swim back a bit after noticing the creature swim towards him.

"I understand that Mi'kayah, I am not afraid." Neteyam defended himself as he swam towards the ilu, he was a little hesitant though.

  Mi'kayah chuckled as she called for her ilu, if Neteyam was afraid to bond with his and swim off then Mi'kayah will join him. Just to calm his nerves and to make sure he wasn't swimming to where they shouldn't be going.

  "I thought you were the mighty warrior in your clan, what's going on?" Mi'kayah joked once more, Neteyam glared at the girl playfully before going onto the ilu slowly.

Quickly Neteyam realized that this was like flying his Ikran, and once he got on top, he was going to make tsaheylu. The boy stood still though, he thought of many possibilities that could happen to him, some being made fun of by Tikki, Lo'ak, Aonung, and possibly Mi'kayah herself. However Mi'kayah didn't see it that way.

  "Just make tsaheylu, I'm right Here Teyam." Mi'kayah encouraged him as she smiled, the nickname made his heart race like wild.

The things that Mi'kayah made him feel in the past week, was weird. Neteyam knew it was too soon to fall for her but he also felt like it was just right, as if Eywa herself was pushing her to him.

  Finally, Neteyam made tsaheylu and off he went. He held his breath as he was taken under water, it felt exhilarating. Once he was back above water, he looked back and found Mi'kayah also coming back up for air.

  "You did it mighty warrior!" Mi'kayah praised as she got off her ilu, and swam towards his.

Neteyam felt like he was flying his ikran again, he got off the ilu and hugged the girl tightly. As she seemed to give him a break from all responsibilities, even if it's just teaching him how to ride an ilu. The hug caught Mi'kayah off guard but she hugged him back.

  "I cannot thank you enough Mi'kayah, I appreciate you." Neteyam sounded muffled as he buried his head into Mi'kayah's shoulder, but she was able to understand him.

  Mi'kayah froze for a moment, she couldn't relate to how Neteyam felt because her mother had never once put pressure on her to be better, but she knew she felt a little bit of what he felt due to Tikki. A lot of things ran through Mi'kayah's mind as she pulled away from the hug, but she pushed them away.

  "You're not so mighty when it's just us two, why's that?" Mi'kayah asked, half joking half serious.

  "I have a lot of responsibilities to take care of, as the eldest son. Yet, whenever we hang out, the stress of those responsibilities disappear." Neteyam confessed, for some reason, his words made her stomach turn.

  In all honesty, Mi'kayah began to enjoy Neteyam's presence too much and they've only just met. Her thoughts spiraled as she looked around Neteyam, she knew she couldn't talk to Tikki about this, nor Leia.

  So the people who came to mind next were the people Mi'kayah was sure would and could help her situation:

Tsireya, Ronal, and her mother.