XXXV. Close Your Eyes

Chapter 35,
Close Your Eyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tikki was next to Spider, she looked afraid but not of him. Something must have happened beforehand, the young human boy tried to comfort her, without getting close. He was unsure if Tikki was feeling too many emotions that it overwhelmed her to the point she would attack him.

"My sister likes your cousin, Neteyam." Tikki blurted, trying to think of other things.

Her mind was filled with how much danger her sisters could be in, and she was still unsure where her mother was.

Am I going to die like my father? Unable to say goodbye to my mother and my sisters.

Tikki thought to herself as she looked at the human, his presence was bearable.

"I'm Spider, if you were wondering."

"I wasn't, but thank you." Tikki retorted, she wasn't even trying to be mean anymore.

If she was going to die, she wanted her last moments spent being kind to someone she didn't even know. Tikki didn't want to leave Leia and Mi'kayah behind, that was what crushed her the most.

"I miss my sisters and my mother, Spider." Tikki admitted, she was letting her guard down.

Spider's gaze softened as he looked at the girl, and for the first time since they have been left alone with one another, he walked over to her and hugged her. The embrace was weirdly comforting, and Tikki hugged him back.

Mi'kayah could feel her nerves calming down as Lo'ak finally led them to where they were. Tikki looked at Lo'ak first as she noticed him, and let go of Spider, running quick to him. It was the heat of the moment but all of the tension built up, and Tikki couldn't hold herself back.

Her lips found Lo'ak's as she held him tightly.

"Woah, wasn't expecting that." Lo'ak joked before grabbing her hand.

Neteyam rolled his eyes playfully as the group ran out of the room, they now needed to get out of the ship alive. Which was going to be hard considering they were already being shot at, scaring Leia. Neteyam grabbed the gun from Lo'ak, who was missing every shot he took.

One of the avatars had shot straight at them but missed, Tsireya, Kiri, Aonung, and Tuk came back on their ilus to save the group.

"Tsmuke, I do not feel good." Leia mumbled as she looked down into the water.

Mi'kayah turned to her sister and it felt like her whole world was shattering, Leia had been hit with the bullet from earlier.

"Neteyam, help me!" Mi'kayah shrieked as she swam to her younger sister.

Neteyam nodded his head and grabbed Leia by her arms, quickly carrying her bridal style to his ilu. They needed to get out of there, and they needed to get out of there now.

Saraiyah was losing her mind as she decided to swim after Jake, she needed to be with her daughters. Neytiri kept a watchful eye on them as they made it to the ship, Saraiyah's heart broke as she saw Neteyam holding onto Leia, as the blood slipped through his fingers.

"'ITETSYÍP!" Saraiyah screamed as she followed Neteyam towards a rock, settling her down.

Saraiyah rushed to Leia and held her hand, while Tikki and Mi'kayah ran to them. Leia coughed a little bit, her breathing was unstable.

"Close your eyes sevin, close them." Tikki whispered as she grabbed Mi'kayah's hand.

Neytiri landed and watched the scene unfold, her eyes began to swell up as she hugged Tuk. The young Sully girl didn't know how to feel, her best friend was dying right in front her. Kiri looked at Lo'ak and Neteyam.

"I want to see our sempu, Mi'kayah." Leia mumbled as she looked at her older sister.

"I know Lei. Just close your eyes, you'll see him soon." Mi'kayah smiled as she watched Leia nod her head.

  Leia's eyes fell on Saraiyah as she took her last breath, her heart stopped beating and her chest stopped rising. It was a painful sight.

  "No, no. LEIA!" Saraiyah screeched as Tikki and Mi'kayah moved from the body.

Saraiyah grabbed Leia and held her in her arms, ignoring the blood oozing from the gunshot. Her daughter was gone, she was never coming back. Tikki and Mi'kayah's eyes darkened as they looked at one another.

  Leia was taken away from them, and they wanted revenge.