XX. I Do Not See You

Chapter 20,
    I Do Not See You
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You seem to have a crush!" Mi'kayah stated as she grabbed onto Tikki's hand, the two were sent to hunt for their next meal.

  Unfamiliar with the term Mi'kayah had just used, Tikki looked at her sister and furrowed her brows. Neteyam had been teaching Mi'kayah some sky people slang, even though she was bound to pick up on it due to how much they hung out.

  "It means you have fallen for Lo'ak, obviously." Mi'kayah said as a matter of fact.

  "I do not, I would rather let an akula eat me alive." Tikki stated as she looked at her sister in disgust before gripping her spear.

  Mi'kayah only rolled her eyes, how could her sister not accept her feelings? It was beautiful, the hate she had for him had blossomed into a beautiful love. However, Tikki did not see it that way nor did she want to see it that way.

  Everytime the young girl saw the Sully boy, she felt like gutting him like a fish. It was pure hatred for him, and he hadn't even done a single thing to her. Not that he knows of anyways, he had only been treating her the way she's been treating him. Lo'ak was giving Tikki a taste of her own medicine, and it tasted very bitter.

  "I do not have a 'crush' on Lo'ak and I never will." Tikki stated as she slammed the spear down, impaling a pincer fish.

  "I didn't know you liked me that way Tikki."

  Mi'kayah couldn't help but laugh as she turned around, Lo'ak had a shit-eating grin on his face while Neteyam looked embarrassed to even share the same DNA as him. Tikki grunted as she lifted the spear from the water and grabbed the fish, which was still dying.

  "I do not see you, Lo'ak Sully. I never will." Tikki spat before walking away, making sure she had bumped her shoulder with his.

  It didn't matter whether Tikki was going to accept her fate and be with Lo'ak, Eywa has a plan. Neteyam grimaced as he walked towards Mi'kayah.

  "Me, Tsireya, Tikki, and Leia are going to the spirit tree soon, would you and your siblings like to join us?" Mi'kayah offered, as she looked at Neteyam and Lo'ak.

Lo'ak became fond of Tikki's hatred, she was the only girl that had put his ego into check. It was annoying at first until Kiri had let it slip she was only angry at him for not only invading her village but invading her heart, and since then he's been attached. He started going to the places she would go, and try to make it seem as of it was fate.

  The young boy was quite crazy, he was also falling in love, but still quite crazy.

  "We would love to, thank you, Ma Kayah." Neteyam smiled, his cheeks were turning to a darker shade of blue as he looked at Mi'kayah.

  The two had gotten very close to began with nicknames, it was sickening to Lo'ak, Tikki, and Kiri but adorable to Tuk, Leia, and Tsireya. Young love was something very sacred here, it was very important that the person you fall in love with, treats you better than before.

  Mi'kayah smiled before walking away, she was sure her sister was going to complain to their mother about the small conversation they had. It's okay though, Tikki is still young, and if she thinks she's going to be a tough warrior with a Heart of stone all her life, then why crush her spirits?

  Eywa will show her the way eventually, it'll go according to plan. No matter what.