XXXII. Marked For Dead

Chapter 32,
Marked For Dead
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Being marked for death was a scary thing, Mi'kayah couldn't imagine the fear the Tulkuns were feeling at the moment, but she couldn't think about them at the time. Lo'ak had gotten to the Payakan when it had happened.

  "He's marked for death!" Tikki shouted as she hopped off of her ilu and onto the Payakan.

  Neteyam was furious with his little brother for not listening to him but now wasn't the time, Lo'ak needed his help with removing the tracking device. Tuk and Leia couldn't do much other than stay on their ilus as they watched the teenagers pull as hard as they could. It was scary and nerve wracking when ships had began to come into sight.

  Leia couldn't stand to watch them take any longer to remove the device so she got off the ilu, ignoring Tuk's protest.

  "Get back on the ilu sevin, it is not safe for you." Mi'kayah stated as she gripped onto the orange part of the device.

  "No! We are all marked for death if we do not hurry!" Leia shrieked as she pointed to the ships.

  Tikki's ears flattened out of fear, she knew that if they were to all die at the hands of the sky people, war would break out. With one final pull, the device came out. Leia grabbed onto it and jumped into the water, causing everyone else to dive into the water as well.

  They were now being hunted, this was a game of cat and mouse. As everyone got a grip of their ilu, they began to swim away from the small submarines that were sent out to get the kids. Leia and Tuk had hid with Kiri.

  Mi'kayah looked back only once and was knocked off of her ilu, the man in the submarine wasted no time in trying to charge at her. It was crazy, one minute the guy is ready to attack Mi'kayah then the next he's swallowed by a sea plant. It was at that moment that everyone knew there was something special about Kiri.

  Mi'kayah had lost her ilu and was now trying to swim away when Neteyam swam near her, grabbing onto her hand as he pulled her onto his ilu. Everything was happening so fast, it was scary and weird. Lo'ak had contact their parents for help.

  "Ronal, it's best if you stay." Tonowari spoke as he gestured to her pregnant belly.

  "I ride!" Ronal seethed as she grabbed her spear and got onto her skimwing.

  It was safe to say that the parents were coming for their children, and they were not holding back.

  Riding with Neteyam meant getting separated from Tikki and Leia, which scared Mi'kayah horribly. She knew that once their parents arrived she was going to go fight with them.

  It was unsafe to say that someone was going to die while protecting someone else.