XXIV. You're Friends With A Sky Person?

Chapter 24,
    You're Friends With A Sky Person?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole day was spent with Neteyam and Neïman, as Mi'kayah wanted them to get well acquainted with one another, considering Mi'kayah tells Neïman every single thing. She had been waiting for the day that they returned so she could tell her spirit sister all about her new found crush, and she was glad that she finally came back. Neteyam wasn't really sure about the payakan having not known much about them beforehand, Tsireya and Tikki were supposed to teach them about the Tulkuns and warn them about the outcast but they didn't.

  Neteyam was currently telling Mi'kayah all about his home life back when he was in the forest, and he had even told her he had a friend that was of the sky people who had also adapted to the Na'vi ways.

  "Wait, so some sky people are good and like the Na'vi?" Mi'kayah asked, as she tried her best to understand everything.

  Neteyam nodded his head, and began to break it down slowly to her.

"His name is Spider, and he's sort of like my cousin. He was born and raised here since he was too young to go back to earth." Neteyam explained as he looked into the water, noticing the small colorful fishes.

  "So he was raised in the Na'vi ways. Where is Spider now?" Mi'kayah asked, it was an innocent question but it made Neteyam feel sad.

  He didn't know where his cousin was, not after his father, Miles Quaritch, took him from them. His father was the reason why they came here in the first place, but that didn't mean they had to give up on Spider.

  "I, do not know. I am sure he is safe however." Neteyam knew that Mi'kayah would have believed that he was bringing his war here and would leave him, so he needed to lie.

  Deep down he knew it was wrong to lie to your friend, to your future mate, but he needed to. It was for her safety and protection, the less that she knew the better. Mi'kayah wasn't stupid, she knew there was something that Neteyam wasn't telling her, but she wasn't going to push further. When he was ready to tell her, he would.

  Neïman could sense how happy Mi'kayah was, however she also felt like Neteyam was hiding something, something that could put them in grave danger.

  "There's a lot I would like to say to you Mi'kayah, but now just is not the time to do so." Neteyam smiled, Mi'kayah only nodded her head.

  If talking about his cousin was a touchy subject then she would never bring him up again, she didn't want to hurt him and make him feel upset. But it was about his homeland, and that must have been what he was hinting at. Whatever it was, Mi'kayah knew better than to bring it up if it made the person feel weird.

  The friendship between the sky people and the Na'vi was shocking news for Mi'kayah, she didn't think that they would be kind to one another. Although Max himself was not an avatar nor Na'vi but a sky person, Mi'kayah didn't get a chance to see him.

  "I think Neïman likes you now Ma Teyem." Mi'kayah giggled as she finally got off her tulkun and swam to the border walk bridge.

  Neteyam chuckled as he slowly moved from the tulkun and got into the water.

  "Irayo Neïman." Neteyam thanked the tulkun before swimming behind Mi'kayah.

  The day was well spent, and Mi'kayah felt like she had finally gotten closer to Neteyam, as she learned new things about him. It must be written in the stars that the two would be together, it is what Eywa wants.