VIII. First Breathing Lesson

Chapter 8,
     First Breathing Lesson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "What in Eywa's name is going on with you two?!" Saraiyah questioned as she sat her daughters down.

  Ever since the appearance of Toruk Makto and his clan, Tikki and Mi'kayah's bond has been on edge. However the reason behind it all was too embarrassing for Tikki to admit.

  "Someone say something!" Saraiyah raised her voice, tired of the silence between the three girls.

  Leia was sent out of the marui to play with Tuk while her sisters got scolded for having a fight, especially when the reason behind it is quite stupid. Mi'kayah's ears were flattened and her tail was between her legs, she was upset with her sister and how things had escalated.

  "Tikki is mad at me for welcoming the Sullys, and getting to know them so that they aren't complete outsiders." Mi'kayah explained her side of the story, considering this was what she was witnessing.

  Tikki shook her head as she scoffed, she wasn't mad or envious of her sister for socializing with them, she mad because her sister does not know them and is automatically welcoming them. It was wrong of Tikki to judge them and point out that they have demon blood, but it was true. Besides, Toruk Makto himself had explained he was in war with the sky people, he will end up bringing danger to them.

  "That is not the reason!" Tikki spat as she looked at her mother.

"Then tell me what is the reason syulang, you two haven't had a physical fight in years." Saraiyah walked over to her young daughter, grabbing her hands and looking deep into her eyes.

  "Mi'kayah and all of the clan do not know these people! They not only have demon blood but have been in war with the sky people." Tikki explained, although it was obvious neither person was going to see her side.

  Saraiyah looked at her daughter, but before she could open her mouth, Tikki got up and walked to the flap of the marui.

  "I wish to not speak of this, I will go hunt for our dinner." With that being said, Tikki disappeared.

"You mustn't breathe from up here, breathe down here." Tsireya advised Lo'ak as she placed her hands on his lower stomach, today was the first day for breathing lessons and bonding with ilus.

  Saraiyah respected her daughter's wishes and did not bring the topic up, but that didn't stop her from going to Ronal and ask for advice. To her surprise, Neytiri was there but not Jake.

  "Tonowari is with Jake, he will be helping him bond with a skimwing." Ronal informed her best friend, as she noticed the confused expression on her face.

  The three older women began to discuss about the change, Neytiri understood their discomfort in having to change everything to accommodate her people, but she was grateful. Tikki sat beside Tuk and Kiri, helping them breathe as Mi'kayah and Aonung focused on Neteyam.

  It didn't bother Neteyam how Aonung would give him dirty looks, it bothered that Mi'kayah would hiss at Aonung. For some reason he felt like he was depending on her for too much, such as making friends and not being bullied. Not that the Metkayina girl minded.

  "You are as ready as you can be, I think we shall move to the waters and try to bond with an ilu, right Tsireya?" Mi'kayah asked, considering that the Sully kids' breathing was getting better than when they first started, earlier this morning.

  "Right, follow us." Tsireya smiled as she got up from the rock, moving off and walking towards the ocean.

Tikki rolled her eyes and looked at Aonung, they both shared the same distaste for the kids. However both of their siblings did not seem to like how acted.

  "Are you still not talking with your sister?" Neteyam questioned Mi'kayah as they swam farther from the group.

  "Not yet, she has no right in who I am friends with." Mi'kayah responded, she began to call for an ilu for Neteyam.

  But the boy felt his heart beat a bit louder and faster, Mi'kayah declared him a friend indirectly. Why was this making him feel this way?