XXVIII. Have Dinner With Us

Chapter 28,
     Have Dinner With Us
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Mi'kayah spent half of her night by the lake, thinking about her future, her past, and her present. She knew that whatever decision she made would be supported by her family, and her friends. Even if she made the wrong choice.

  "Sevin, you look exhausted." Saraiyah stated as she took a close look at her daughter.

  Tikki only glared at her mother before leaving their marui, the young girl had yet to forgive her mother. Although Mi'kayah and Leia only heard yelling, Tikki unfortunately had understood everything. The things Saraiyah would say out of anger, was truly heart breaking.

  "I messed up daughter, my emotions had gotten the best of me. I am afraid I have cut too deep this time to redeem myself." Saraiyah admitted as she grabbed her pouch.

  Some things were best left unknown, so it's best if I don't show you what had went down that day. Out of respect for Tikki, as for the first time since their father had passed away, she had cried.

  Mi'kayah understood how Tikki felt, and she knew that her mother never thought straight when she was angry. However, her anger issues do not deserve justification, whatever Saraiyah had said during her rant, she said it and there was no taking it back.

  "Sa'nok, let her calm down. If what you said cut her deep, she will need time to heal the wound you had caused." Mi'kayah advised her mother before walking towards the flap of the marui.

  Saraiyah only nodded her head as she grabbed the items she needed to weave more things for Ronal's baby. It was only a matter of time before she had given birth. Mi'kayah called for her youngest sister, as the two were going to visit the Sullys.

  "Do I look okay?" Leia asked her sister as she twirled around in her new loincloth and top that Neytiri had made for her.

  "You look amazing, my little tanhí." Mi'kayah complimented her little sister before grabbing her hand.

  The protection and love that Mi'kayah had for Leia and Tikki was on another level. Mi'kayah felt like she had to be the second parent for her siblings, as she had deprived them from their father due to her foolish accident. To make up for her mistakes, she had been protecting them and loving them not only as their sister but as their father as well. Something Tonowari had taken notice of, but never said anything about it.

  As the two girls got to the Sullys' marui, Leia wasted no time and rushing towards Tuk so that they could play. Mi'kayah notices her sister, Tikki sitting with Kiri and talking with her. Instead of questioning it, Mi'kayah walks over to Lo'ak and Neteyam to talk.

  "Would you girls like to stay for dinner? We are having pincer fish." Neytiri offers as she looked at the Ewan'itan sisters.

  Without any hesitations, all the girls had agreed to stay for dinner. They felt like this was their third home other than Ronal and Tonowari's marui. Speaking of Ronal and Tonowari, Mi'kayah always thought of them as her second pair of parents. They have been with her through thick and thin.

  Mi'kayah was sure that without them that she would have been lost in the world, and she would have no idea how to learn how to enjoy life after death. Ronal had taught her since young that life does not stop when someone close to you dies, it continues going.

  If Mi'kayah didn't continue with life, she was going to be stuck in the past forever, and ever since that piece of advice, Mi'kayah had been enjoying her life. Ronal and Tonowari are a big part of Mi'kayah's life, she knew that no matter how many times they would yell at her, she would always love them and vice versa.

  They were her other pair of parents after all.