ACCIDENTALLY 1.6

The whole oberoi family was sitting in the hall anxiously when Dr. Priya walked in with Lakshmi's reports in her hands. She had a tensed look which made it obvious that something is wrong.

Dr. Priya: I expect all of you to listen to me first then react or ask anything. Since Lakshmi is the one concerned I talked about it to her before you all in the morning and what she said is something every mother has said and since Rishi had already said to take decisions based on Lakshmi's advice. I have done all the formalities required and she has forbidden me to tell u all about this but I think you all should know.

Neelam: Dr what is this about. Is... Our... Grandchild okay... Please come straight to the point.

Virendra: is Lakshmi alright doctor ... Is there something that will harm her?

Rishi: please tell us  doctor is Lakshmi fine?

Dr. Priya: I got her reports and it seems like she's too weak to handle such complications. Her past medical history hasn't been too well and apart from that her anxiety issues are also there.

Ayush: so what ? We will take care of her. She will be fine.

Dr: I know that's why I let her sign the agreement because I know u guys will take enough care of her.

Dadi: what kind of agreement?

Dr. Priya: her current reports say that there are 80 percent chances of her dying in the middle of her delivery. She won't be able to handle that amount of pain physically. And according to our hospital protocols we are supposed to tell that to the patient on the same day and let them decide whether they will continue there pregnancy or not. Lakshmi did continue but there's another agreement to that.

Rishi: what's that agreement?

Dr. : At the time of delivery the family members get emotional in making any choice which delays the operation and leads in the death of both mother and child so we make them sign an agreement before hand so Lakshmi had choosen her baby instead of her life.

The oberoi's were stunned to hear the doctor.

Rishi: how could u ask my wife take such a big decision without me..

Dr. : but you were the one who said to take her decisions as the final ones.

Rishi: I talked about the minor ones. This is about life and death. He roared

Dr. Mr. Oberoi calm down it's all because of her health conditions and u have 8 months to change the verdict. Just take good care of her inform me of every single symptoms she faces. And here's her diet chart for this month we will get a few more tests done in a month then we will see how much she has improved and change that accordingly.

Rishi: Doc she can have a bit of junk food right.. I know she is not well but still she loves her snacks and those white sauce pasta and panipuri and all  atleast once .

Dr: ya but make sure it's all Homecooked. And hygienic only once and that too if her cravings are unbearable.

Rishi smiled: thanks alot. And doctor left

Neelam: if she wants the baby to take our wealth then why did she chose the baby over her. ?!

Virendra: because that's how she is. Lakshmi can risk her life to save other's and this is her child. U all have just seen her as a shield for rishi and later as a gold digger but I regret never as the daughter in law of this house.

Karishma: but bhai that's malishka's place.

Rishi: bua Lakshmi has that place already malishka belongs there or not is something yet to be decided. I told you to wait for this till I make any decision.

Neelam: I will be telling that to malishka today itself I can't let my son hanging in between this....

Rishi: in the evening we will go to kiran aunty. Right now my wife needs me excuse me..

Rishi went inside the room and found Lakshmi on her study table she looked distracted and was drawing circles with her pencil on the diagram. She was lost in a deep thought.

Rishi: Lakshmi are you okay?

Lakshmi: ya.. Yes.. What's going to happen to me.

Rishi: am I nothing to you? Am I that bad and useless according to you that u took such a big decision without me.. How could you?

Lakshmi: wh... Wwhat are you ta.. Talking about. She stuttered.

Rishi: u chose the baby over you.

Lakshmi was frozen jer face turned blank. sweatbeads formed on her forehead. :.. Whoo... Who said this to you?

Rishi: I saw your Reports and called Dr. Priya . I knew she was hiding something so I went and confronted her. (He lied so Lakshmi doesn't lose her trust on her doctor).

Lakshmi: so what Rishi. Even if it was known to you. You would have surely chosen the baby.

Rishi: why did you think that?

Lakshmi: you were  never concerned about me  . U take care of me because of this baby who is yours

Rishi: this baby is ours.

Lakshmi: to be honest this baby is mine only mine okay..

Rishi: why do you have to debate on every single thing. Can we not agree on a single thing..

Lakshmi: what do you think u will keep this good husband and I care for you facade of yours and I will happily agree for co parenting.

Rishi: are u possessed? What on earth I am speaking and what are u saying.

Lakshmi: u don't care for me.. U care for the baby only..

Rishi: Lakshmi enough... I do care for you and our baby. But if there's something that will harm you then I will remove it. Even if it's my own flesh and blood.

Lakshmi: why !?...

Rishi: I don't know why but I will..

Lakshmi: see because you are lying. I have had enough of u but I won't fall for this trap of yours. U can't Mr. Oberoi u won't succeed In taking away my baby.

Rishi: because I care for you . The same way like u cared for me

Lakshmi: ya yaa whatever just lies

Rishi: one day i will prove every word of mine to be true u will wait and see..

If u want an update today itself let me know in the comments.