12

ADMIT IT
— chapter 12

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS GRAND PRIX
stavelot, belgium

after the dinner, everyone went back to the hotel and into their respective rooms as the next day was an early day.

camila slept in as she was going to the track only for qualifying, whilst all the drivers where up bright and early as they had fp1 and other driver duties.

after fp1 was done, camila started getting ready as lando texted her, saying he would be picking her up in an hour.

waiting in the lobby, she sat on the couch, scrolling through tiktok when she received a text message saying the brunette brit was outside and waiting.

as she got up and out the lobby doors, lando walked over to her side of the car and open her door. smiling, camila thanked him and got in the mclaren.

"you look pretty," lando complimented the girl as he started the car and off they went.

"you look pretty too," camila replied with a cheeky smile on her face, lando reaching over to the younger and nudged her playfully.

reaching the circuit, fans where screaming and shouting out lando's name, trying to catch his attention. rolling down their window, he waved and smiled for the fans as camila sat there smiling at how happy lando looked when interacting with fans.

"ok let's go," he said after he parked his car.

walking into the paddock, camila looked around, at people in teamwear talking to one another, or sitting at tables with coffee and snacks.

"oh mila, this is zak brown, mclaren's ceo. zak this is camila carter." he introduced the two after bumping into him as they entered the mclaren motorhome. the pair walking away after some pleasantries where exchanged.

"hey lando!" a male said making the pair turn in their tracks, stoping again.

"oscar!!" lando shouted out to his teammate, him in his racing suit tied at the waist.

"it's almost time for qualifying," oscar said smiling at the two as camila introduced herself to him while lando was talking to oscar's personal trainer.

"it's nice to meet you camila," oscar smiled shaking her hand then turning to lando before continuing, "we gotta go"

"go lan, you got this! give them hell" mila said giving him a quick hug as both mclaren drivers walked away.

www.formula1.com

qualifying results

pos. driver
1. versteppan
2. leclerc
3. perez
4. hamilton
5. sainz
6. piastri
7. norris
8. russell
9. alonso
10. stroll

"hey.." camila greeted the fellow brit as he gets back from post qualifying interviews.

lando replied with a small smile as he plop himself down next to her on the couch, right outside of the mclaren motorhome.

"you did good lan!" she continued, patting his shoulder closest to her as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her onto his chest.

"could have been better tho" he said slightly annoyed that the past 2 races the mclarens has been up in the podiums where as this week they weren't.

"it's okay you got this!" she said trying to cheer him up.

smiling at the girl in his arm he kissed the top of her head as a 'thank you'. camila on the other hand, tensed up a little, kind of shocked at the gesture at first but blushes right after. turning her head to face him she smiles from ear to ear. the pair staring into each other's eyes with so much fondness.

"are y'all gonna kiss or what!" a voice asked loudly making the both of them jump in their seats and move further away from each other. turing their heads to the voice, they rolled their eyes.

"shut up carlos, you're just salty val isn't here" camila spoke up laughing a little as she looked towards lando to see him blushing, looking down at his hands.

"whatever, let's go" he brushed camila's comment of and started walking away.

"go where?" lando asked.

"dinner. duh" carlos replied again, this time the brits got up and started walking to catch up with carlos.

walking out at the paddock some fans stopped the trio.

"omg can we take a picture??" the fan asked looking at both the drivers.

both agreeing, camila offered, "i'll take the picture for you,"

"oh i was hoping you'd be in the picture too? if that's okay, i've been following your channel and instagram page since 2021" the fan spoke, shaking a little, clearly nervous, as she spoke to camila. camila's heart warms at the comment and thanked the fan.

"selfie it is!" lando said as he takes the phone from the fan, he extends his arm and the four of them took a picture.

"thank you so much!!," the fan said after retrieving her phone from the taller brit. before continuing, "lando, camila is amazing please don't hurt her."

"i would never!" he assured the fan. camila going in to hug the fan showing her gratitude.

"you just made my day omg," she said in the hug. shrieking, the fan thanked the trio and left.

"someone's famous!" carlos said teasing mila, she rolls her eyes at him for the 2nd time tonight.

💌

lia's corner

ok this is a long one, like i promised :)) next one would be more irl ones too (unless i decide to timeskip cuz in lazy hahah) also wanted to add most wags into the story hope y'all like that :3