29

ADMIT IT
— chapter 29

ITALIAN GRAND PRIX
monza, italy

"i literally cant wait to see his face!!" valentina said excitedly as the pair of best friends walks into the paddock on a friday afternoon.

the sound of roaring engines pierced their ears indicating the formula 1 free practice is being taken place at the moment.

both models walked down the paddock like it's their own runway, headed straight towards the ferrari motorhome. fans took pictures with them and of them as they made their way into the building.

meeting with the ferrari's pr manager they quickly got to work. blowing up balloons, putting up streamers, getting the cake ready, etc. with the help of some of the staff members they prepared carlos' birthday surprise right in time for free practice 1 to end.

camila and valentina hid behind the table as carlos and charles walked in, everyone shouting and greeting him with happy birthday wishes. carlos smiled with happiness and gratitude, thanking everyone as he walked closer to the table.

"SURPRISE!!" both the brits jump up in unison from behind the table. carlos' face lit up even more at the sight of his girlfriend and one of his close friend.

"what are you guys doing here?!" he questioned before they could wish him a happy birthday. smiling widely they ran around the table to give the birthday boy a big hug, valentina giving her boyfriend a kiss.

"we came to celebrate your birthday with you of course," she said like it was common knowledge, forgetting that she told him that she was busy filming a campaign for a job that she couldn't come to the grand prix.

"you lied!" he gasped, everyone laughing at the couple.

"wait how did you guys get passed??"

"lando," mila answered, waving her mclaren pass that was hanging around her neck.

"yup, we are mclaren's guest this weekend! which reminds, let's go see lando!" val said, in an attempt to make carlos feel jealous, as a joke. the girls then headed out as carlos tried to stop them, once again everyone laughing at the sight in front of them.

stopping the joke, they lit the candle and sang the birthday song to the spaniard, him making a wish and blowing out the candles right after. cheers where heard as lando and a few other drivers like max, pierre, george, etc. walked into the room to wish carlos a happy birthday.

mila wanting to run over and give her boyfriend a hug as she misses him, but unable to as they were trying their best to keep the relationship on the down low.

after pleasantries were exchanged between the former teammates, lando walked over to mila, waving his hand.

the couple tried their hardest to not raise suspicions between them as they engaged in a casual conversation.

after some time, everyone enjoying the little party mila and val planned for carlos, the drivers head out back on track for free practice 2. while the girlfriends went to the mclaren's hospitality center and enjoyed a few drinks and watched the action on track through a tv screen.

not long after, the free practice session ended. somebody came looking for mila at the hospital suite which left valentina by herself, deciding to head over to the ferrari garage to see her boyfriend.

mila on the other hand was told that lando was looking for her. lando's eyes met camila's, the blonde already waiting for him in his drivers room, as he removed his helmet, and a tired but content smile crept onto his face. he walked over to her, and without a word, she handed him a towel. as he began to wipe the sweat and dust from his face, she reached out to help, her gentle touch a soothing contrast to the intensity of the day.

"rough session?" mila asked, her voice filled with concern.

lando nodded, his brown eyes still focused on her. "yeah, a bit. the car's not exactly where i want it to be yet, got some tweaks to make before tomorrow."

camila's fingers brushed a strand of sweaty hair away from his forehead, her touch affectionate. "you'll get there, you always do."

his tiredness seemed to melt away as he gazed at her, gratitude in his eyes. "i've missed you," he murmured.

camila smiled, her heart swelling with affection. "i've missed you too."

lando then placed the towel down, having finished wiping away the sweat, he pulled the blonde into a hug. mila nestled her head in his neck, lando placing a kiss on her head.

the couple stood like that for awhile before camila's phone buzzed with a notification. snaking her hands from him, she picked up her phone from her back pocket to see that valentina had texted, asking them to hurry up and leave to head to their reservation dinner they planned for the birthday boy.

"go get changed, we gotta leave soon" mila said after reading the messages she was sent.

lando started peeling his suit and fireproofs off before mila could stop him and leave the room. "i'm leaving," she said, quickly running out the door to wait for him on the other side.

"you're camila carter right? lando's girlfriend?" an engineer approached the girl, leaning against the wall on her phone.

"hi, yes i am," she replied before adding on that she was lando's friend. almost forgetting that they weren't publicly dating yet.

"oh i'm sorry, i just assumed that you're dating as he always seem so much happier when you're with him," the engineer apologized as lando opened the door, all changed into the clothes he came in this morning.

"mike! what's up!" lando greeted the engineer as he walked out the door to see him talking to camila.

the three then fell into a conversation before mila receiving more text messages from her best friend asking for her to hurry up. the couple then left and bid mike a goodbye.

"i almost forgot we weren't publicly dating that when mike asked if i was camila and your girlfriend i just said i am," mila told her boyfriend about the conversation she had with mike before he joined in.

laughing, lando said, "it's actually nice to keep this a secret, not everyone knowing our business is always nice,"

"it is! but it seems no one really believes we aren't together," camila continued, laughing as they arrived at his rented car for the weekend.

hoping in, the couple headed off to a restaurant mila and val had found through tiktok. everyone else already waiting for them.

💌

lia's corner

a longer chapter since the last one was not long at all, also carlos getting pole in singapore grand prix 🤭 (i wish i was there rn)