14

ADMIT IT
— chapter 14

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS GRAND PRIX
stavelot, belgium

it's race day and camila has just been tagging along with lando and his driver duties like interviews, filming content for youtube and walking the drivers walk.

right now, the pair is back in his drivers room just talking and listening to music, her playlist on shuffle.

"omg i love this song!!" camila stopped the conversation halfway to start singing the song, fallin' all in you by shawn mendes.

"but since you came along, i'm thinking baby, you are bringing out a different kind of me," she sang getting up, she started dancing and swaying from side to side.

lando sitting on the chair, seeing this he smiles, just like the lyrics he's falling all in her.

not wanting to let her have all the fun, he got up and walked towards her. snaking his arms around her waist he started swaying them, slow dancing with her.

camila, happy, she lean her head onto his shoulders and smiled into his neck.

after the song ended, enchanted(taylor's version) by taylor swift started playing. camila wanting to let go but was pulled closer by lando, wanting this moment not to end.

"knock knock" a voice said from outside lando's drivers room. the pair pulled away and lando went over to answer the door to see his trainer, telling him it's time to get in the car.

changing into his race suit, he started to feel nervous. something not many people knew about lando was that before every race he gets nervous and starts to doubt his abilities, but would mask it with a smile or trying to look as composed as possible.

however camila could see through him. "hey you got this, i believe in you," she said trying to calm him down.

"well that makes one of us," camila frowns at his comment before speaking, "hey no! no self doubting today, tomorrow, ever! you're an amazing driver, drive for yourself, for your family and friends and drive for me okay?"

smiling he gave her a tight hug before, kissing her cheek and leaving the room.

camila is now left in his room. she started panicking a little, thinking back to the moment the pair shared.

she fell down onto the couch and started smiling so widely, covering her face and kicking her feet, clearly smitten at the thought of them slow dancing together.

after calming down she left his room and placed a headphone on her head to watch the race.

www.formula1.com

race results

pos. driver
1. versteppan
2. perez
3. leclerc
4. hamilton
5. alonso
6. russell
7. norris
8. ocon
9. stroll
10. tsunoda

camila is sat outside the ferrari garage with carlos when the race ended because he touched oscar in turn 1, causing him to retire his car from the race.

after some time spent comforting the spaniard, the pair started talking about random things that came to mind. until the conversation landed on lando norris.

but before carlos could get more information out of the brit, about her relationship with his former teammate, charlotte, lando's pr manager, came over and introduced herself.