39

ADMIT IT
— chapter 39

HOTEL
austin, texas

it's been a few days since lando's surprise visit. the couple flying to austin, texas with valentina for the united states grand prix.

camila and lando found themselves in a cozy hotel room mclaren has booked for the weekend as they prepared for the upcoming grand prix.

lando sat on the edge of the bed, his focus on a tablet as he reviewed data from the qualifying he had done just hours ago, him starting 2nd on the grid on sunday. he looked up when mila entered the room, a smile lighting up his face. "hey, you're back. how was your day?"

mila had spent the day exploring with valentina, lily and madison. they went around the vibrant city of austin, taking in its music, culture, and delicious food. she kicked off her shoes and joined lando, sitting beside him. "it was amazing! austin has so much to offer. i can't wait to continue exploring the city with you after the race."

lando nodded enthusiastically, his eyes never leaving her. "i'd love that. but for now, it's all about getting ready for tomorrow's sprint day."

camila reached over and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, offering her support. "you're going to do great, babe. i believe in you."

he turned to face her, his brown eyes locking onto hers. "having you here with me is the best motivation i could ask for."

as the evening wore on, they ordered room service and enjoyed a quiet dinner together. they talked about their day, their dreams, and the adventures they wanted to embark on in the future. it was these moments of connection and intimacy that made the demands of the racing world easier to bear.

after dinner, lando stretched out on the bed, exhaustion from a long day of preparation beginning to catch up with him. mila sat beside him, running her fingers through his hair, soothing him with her presence.

"relax, lando," she whispered. "you've done all the hard work. tomorrow's another day of quali and racing."

lando closed his eyes, her touch and reassuring words washing over him. He knew he was lucky to have mila by his side, supporting him through the ups and downs of his racing career.

as the night deepened, they settled into a comfortable silence, the hum of the city outside their window a soothing backdrop to their thoughts. in that hotel room they found solace in each other's company, drawing strength from their love and shared dreams. tomorrow, the grand prix awaited, but for now, they were content to simply be together.

camila moves in her sleep, waking up from the rustling of lando moving around the room trying to leave to head over to the track.

"hey, did i wake you?" he greeted the sleepy girl.

"no, it's okay, what time is it?" mila asked rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"it's 7am, you can rest some more, it isn't until later in the afternoon that the sprint quali starts so we've got plenty of time, however i got to go over and speak to the team and what not, meet me an hour before?" lando continued, picking up all his essential items and headed out the door after kissing his girlfriend bye.

mila fell back into the comfortable bed below her and fell back asleep. only to be woken up by someone knocking on her door hours later.

waking up, she looked at the time to be 10am. getting up she opened the door to see valentina standing with 2 cups of coffee in her hand, handing one of the cups to her best friend.