#01 - Seijoh's Princess of Rock

song of the chapter!
Summer Walker - Girls Need Love

•••

Sakura sat at her desk, tapping the pen against her lyric notebook as she stuggled with the task of creating more lyrics for her upcoming solo single.

The classroom was in the midst of the second period of the day, and Sakura attempted to pay attention to the teacher's lecture.

However, her mind kept wandering back to her ongoing struggle with composing the right words for her song. Distractions abounded as she battled to find the perfect message of the song amidst her academic responsibilities.

"Watanabe," the teacher's voice broke through Sakura's thoughts, prompting her to quickly refocus and turn her attention to the front of the class. "Y-yes?" she responded, her confusion evident in her voice as she tried to understand the situation.

A sigh escaped the teacher's lips. "I understand that you're dealing with your music, but it's important to also pay attention in class," the teacher explained.

Feeling a mixture of embarrassment and understanding, Sakura nodded in response and closed her notebook containing her lyrics.

Her pout said it all; the teacher's point was valid. Entering her senior year, Sakura realized that striking a balance between her musical aspirations and her academic commitments was crucial.

The hope of university made it clear that she needed to take her studies more seriously to clear a smoother path for her future.

"Before the school lets you go for lunch, I have an important announcement," the teacher's words grabbed the attention of the class, causing everyone to perk up. "I've decided to change the seating plan," she revealed.

A chorus of groans and whines echoed through the classroom, as the news of a new seating plan wasn't met with enthusiasm.

Sakura, however, didn't care that much. She was relatively indifferent, as she doesn't chat with her current seat mate.

As the teacher unveiled the new seating plan, Sakura's ears perked up when she heard her name being called. "Sakura, you'll still be sitting in the same seat, but now you'll be paired with Iwaizumi," the teacher declared, directing Iwaizumi to move to Sakura's side.

Sakura's thoughts were nothing short of astonishment. 'No freaking way,' she mentally exclaimed.

She was surprised to find out that her new seatmate was none other than Seijoh's volleyball team's ace, Iwaizumi Hajime.

Though they had never spoken, Sakura had often watched Iwaizumi during Kunimi's volleyball training sessions.

Her gaze was always drawn to him, not out of a romantic interest, but because she admired his performance on the court. It wasn't a crush for Sakura; rather, she held a deep respect for his volleyball skills.

"Hey. I guess we're seatmates now," Iwaizumi remarked as he settled into the empty seat beside Sakura. Overwhelmed by the unexpected interaction, Sakura found herself struggling to respond. "I'm Iwaizumi Hajime," he introduced himself, offering his hand for a handshake.

Sakura shook his hand, her own awkwardness making it difficult for her to find the right words.

"I know who you are," she began, attempting to introduce herself, but her sentence was abruptly cut short by Iwaizumi. "I know who you are too. You're Kunimi's friend," he stated, a sense of familiarity evident in his words.