#12 - Oops

song of the chapter!
MKTO - Classic

•••

Oikawa's entrance into the room was as dramatic as ever, his explosive reaction ringing through the air as Iwaizumi recounted the events of the previous day. "YOU CONFESSED BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK HER OUT?!"

Oikawa's outrage was clear, his voice carrying a mix of annoyance and frustration.

In response, Iwaizumi's temper flared, his own voice matching Oikawa's intensity, "I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A DIRECT THING! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME, SO STOP GETTING ANGRY AT ME!"

Oikawa's eyes rolled dramatically, his surprise evident. The fact that Iwaizumi hadn't considered asking Sakura out after their confessions left him flabbergasted.

Iwaizumi's assumption that a confession immediately led to a relationship was naive, a point Oikawa clearly intended to highlight.

With a sigh, Oikawa collected himself, his expression shifting from exasperation to a more composed behavior.

Iwaizumi's need for guidance was met with Oikawa's expertise, having had multiple girlfriends in the past.

"So what do I do now?" Iwaizumi asked, his tone calmer as he settled back onto his bed. Oikawa's trademark smirk graced his lips, his mind already spinning with possibilities.

"Hmmm do you want to ask her out in a fancy way with the public pressuring or just the natural way?"

A visible vein popped out on Iwaizumi's forehead, his annoyance obvious. "Is that even a question? Of course I don't wanna do the public pressuring!" With a sudden burst of energy, he launched Oikawa far, far away.

It was clear that Iwaizumi's priority was a sincere and genuine approach. Oikawa then bursted into laughter, "Iwa-chan, you're so lucky. A famous rockstar having romantic feelings for you is a dream," he remarked.

Iwaizumi let out a frustrated sigh "Right, but why is asking someone out so much harder than confessing?" He rubbed his temples, the stress of the situation weighing on him.

Oikawa's finger rested against his chin as he contemplated, "Now that is a question that I can't answer." Both of them let out sighs, "But you have to do it, Iwa-chan," Oikawa encouraged, his tone determined.

Iwaizumi nodded in agreement, a sense of resolution taking over. "I gotta do it sooner or else she might think that I wasn't committed to having a relationship with her," he acknowledged, his determination to take the next step evident in his words.

Oikawa gazed at Iwaizumi in awe, witnessing his best friend give in to the charms of the girl he had long admired. "You're so in love with her!! I'm so jealous!!" he exclaimed, his voice reflecting both amazement and envy.

His attempt at ruffling his hair was met with immediate resistance, as Iwaizumi promptly pushed him away, a clear sign that he didn't want physical affection, "So mean!" Oikawa pouted.

🎧🎸🗣️ . . .

Meanwhile, over at Sakura's place, Semi was a bit baffled by the situation. "Wait a sec, are you saying you guys actually have feelings for each other, but you're not officially a couple?" he questioned, peering at the girl laze on her bed.