#06 - Gone Viral

song of the chapter!
Mariah Carey - Obsessed

•••

Sakura's sleep was interrupted by the persistent sound of her alarm. Reluctantly, she rose from her bed. However, before making her way to the bathroom, she noticed her phone incessantly vibrating on the nightstand.

Curiosity piqued, she picked up her phone and her jaw nearly dropped at what she saw: a blast of Instagram notifications.

When she opened the band's profile, her eyes widened in disbelief.

The surge in followers, from 27k to an astounding 66k, left Sakura feeling a mix of exhilaration and astonishment

The surge in followers, from 27k to an astounding 66k, left Sakura feeling a mix of exhilaration and astonishment. However, the shock didn't stop there.

To Sakura's amazement, her personal account had gone from 15k to a staggering 78k followers, surpassing even the band's shared account. The overwhelming response left her struggling to believe it.

Just then, her sister Hana burst into her room with genuine surprise written all over her face.

"Kura... you're going viral on Twitter and TikTok," Hana announced, prompting Sakura to gasp in disbelief, "WHAT?!" Hana then showed a lot of fan-made edits of Sakura that were blowing up.

A majority of these edits focused on her guitar solo, showcasing her skill and style. The surge of positive reactions both surprised and pleased Sakura, knowing that her unexpected solo had left a lasting impression.

"Wow... and even our band is a trending topic on Twitter," she remarked, her eyes glued to the flurry of tweets discussing the band's performance and their newfound popularity.

Hana whined, "And Akira's followers went up too! Now he's going to attract even more fangirls!" Her complaint was laced with a mixture of annoyance and pride, clearly not thrilled about other girls showing interest in her boyfriend.

Sakura chuckled, "I think most girls are thirsting over Eita so you're good." She reassured her sister, who nodded in agreement, wearing a proud smile.

"For now, you're the one with the highest follower count," Hana informed, acknowledging Sakura's growing online presence with a sense of admiration.

"These edits are making me feel like I'm hot," Sakura exclaimed with a chuckle as she repeatedly watched a fan-made video edit of herself synced to Mariah Carey's song "Obsessed."

She couldn't contain her excitement, squealing with joy at the thought of fans creating edits featuring her.

Hana playfully rolled her eyes, chiming in, "Okay, that's more than enough excitement for now. It's time to get ready for school."