#11 - Smile

song of the chapter!
Miguel - Sure Thing

•••

Feeling overwhelmed by the events of the day, Sakura found comfort on the rooftop, hoping the open space and fresh air would provide some relief from the whirlwind of emotions.

The confession during lunch had been a spontaneous rush of feelings she hadn't intended to reveal so suddenly, and now she grappled with the oucome.

After an hour of meditation and shedding tears in her room, Sakura sighed deeply, regret torturing her for her actions. Her decision to run away from Iwaizumi weighed heavily on her mind.

The shock she'd seen on his face as she confessed had triggered her retreat, driven by the fear of potential rejection.

"This guy drives me completely crazy," she mumbled, her gaze fixed on the captivating blend of colors in the sunset sky.

Unexpectedly, a voice from below snapped her out of her thoughts. Startled, Sakura gasped, only to find Iwaizumi standing there.

The shock of seeing him left her momentarily speechless. His smile was reassuring as he climbed up to join her on the rooftop.

Seeing her confused expression, Iwaizumi broke the silence, "I had a feeling I'd find you here." His casual comment was met with Sakura's astonishment.

As the seconds ticked by, he continued, "Why did you run away? I was worried when you didn't come back to class."

Sakura's gaze dropped, her guilt palpable. In a soft voice, she admitted, "I'm sorry. I got scared, afraid to hear what you might say." The sincerity in her words hung between them, encapsulating the vulnerability she felt in that moment.

"I understand," Iwaizumi replied, his tone reflecting a mix of empathy and regret. His concern for her well-being was evident as he noticed her puffy eyes, a clear indication that she had been crying.

Seeing her in such a state hurts his heart, and he felt a strong desire to ease her distress.

Without hesitating, he gently cupped Sakura's face, an action that caught her off guard and left her both surprised and bewildered.

"W-what are you doing?" she asked, her confusion evident, especially as his hands remained softly cradling her face.

Iwaizumi's gaze remained locked onto her, his eyes filled with sincerity as he spoke softly, "I don't want you to cry, Watanabe."

Sakura found herself momentarily speechless, her eyes locked onto Iwaizumi's face, their closeness making her heart race.

"I don't want to make you cry," he continued, his words carrying a weight of earnestness. "Seeing you smile is the best thing that I really admire about you, so I want you to smile."

His heartfelt confession hung in the air, filling the space between them with a sense of tenderness. After a brief pause, he released his gentle hold on her face, allowing her to process his words and actions.

Sakura's fingertips gently touched her own face, a faint blush on her cheeks in response to Iwaizumi's sweet words. The sincerity in his words had touched her deeply.