#09 - Oh no

song of the chapter!
The Wombats, Oliver Nelson - Greek Tragedy

•••

After working hard on the project for about an hour, Sakura and Iwaizumi were feeling pretty tired. The clock had ticked to 7pm, and they were just about wrapping up the project.

Most of the work had fallen on Iwaizumi's shoulders, mainly because Sakura hadn't been paying much attention in class.

Sakura was feeling a bit guilty about not listening in class now. She realized that she was burdening Iwaizumi with most of the project, even though she had contributed a little.

"We're almost finished, we just need to look up information about that guy, and we're good to go," he said, putting his pen down and laying down on the floor due to his exhaustion.

Sakura chuckled and said, "By the way, can I use the bathroom?" She asked, to which Iwaizumi got up. "Yeah, of course. It's just down the hallway," he replied, giving her directions.

"Okay, I'll be right back," Sakura said, rising from her seat and making her way down the hallway to the bathroom. When she returned to the room, she noticed that Iwaizumi had fallen asleep on the table, his head resting on his arm.

Closing the door gently so as not to wake him, Sakura took a seat in front of him. She tilted her head, observing his peaceful sleeping face. A thought crossed her mind, "He even looks cute when asleep."

Her eyes then wandered to his hair, which seemed soft and inviting. She fought with herself for a moment, the desire to touch it growing strong.

"I wanna touch his hair, it looks so soft," she thought, her hand inching forward involuntarily.

She hesitated but ultimately gave in, extending her hand to lightly run her fingers through his hair, giving it a gentle ruffle.

As she admired his cuteness, little did Sakura know that Iwaizumi had actually been awake the entire time. He had been about to sit up, but then he felt her soft hand on his hair.

Deciding to play along, he continued to pretend sleeping, secretly enjoying her touch. It wasn't often that she gave him physical attention, like the way she ruffled his hair, and he found himself liking it.

Realizing what she was doing, Sakura quickly moved her hand away. Startled by Iwaizumi's sudden grasp on her hand, Sakura's surprise was clear. "H-huh?" she stammered, her eyes widening as she processed the situation.

It quickly dawned on her that he had been awake during her little moment of hair-touching bravery.

Meeting his gaze, she felt her own cheeks warm with a slight blush, realizing that he had been aware of her actions all along. There was a brief moment of shared understanding, a silent exchange that spoke more than words could.

His blush didn't go unnoticed, and Sakura sensed a hint of something unspoken between them, a desire for connection that lingered in the air.

"Watanabe... I think I like you,"

Then she woke up. 'FUCK!' She mentally screamed. She looked at her surroundings and realized that she was still in Iwaizumi's house. "You're awake. Hi," he greeted.