#15 - Nervous

song of the chapter!
beabadoobee - Apple Cider

•••

On the morning of Aoba Johsai's school festival, the scene was set at the entrance to their haunted classroom, where Iwaizumi and Sakura stood as determined guardians, ready to welcome in the attendees.

The choice of having Sakura stationed at the door proved to be quite clever. Her fame as a member of The Chaotic Chords band worked well in drawing a larger crowd to their eerie exhibit.

Excitement filled the air as a pair of students from another school recognized Sakura. "Look, it's Sakura from The Chaotic Chords!" they squealed, their voices carrying their awe.

Iwaizumi couldn't help but grin at the heartwarming sight, his heart swelling with pride that his girlfriend had gained such popularity in the Miyagi region.

Responding to the fangirls' admiration, Sakura playfully winked at them. This simple gesture proved magnetic as it drawn the excited fans to approach their classroom, their curiosity piqued.

With a mischievous chuckle, Sakura extended an invitation, her voice dripping with a hint of wickedness, "Want to experience our haunted classroom?"

This unexpected statement caught Iwaizumi off guard, his surprise caused him to raise his eyebrows.

The two girls' eyes practically shimmered with charm, their love for Sakura obvious as they gushed, "We'll do anything for you, Sakura!!!"

Hearts in their eyes, and with eager enthusiasm, they went into the mysterious room.

The room suddenly erupted with piercing screams,"AAAAAAHHHHHH,". It was clear that Sakura's fangirls had been greeted by an experience that left them startled.

Amused by the effect, Iwaizumi joined in with a well-deserved round of applause for his accomplished girlfriend. "Good job, Kura."

Expressing his admiration, he playfully ruffled her hair, bringing a bright smile from Sakura. In response, she offered a lighthearted remark, "I don't wanna be used for clout, but I suppose I've got a knack for this."

Her words carried a playful undertone, hinting at the amusement she found in the situation.

"So, when do the dance performances start?" Sakura inquired, her curiosity getting the best of her. Iwaizumi's response came promptly, "I think they're scheduled to begin in about 30 minutes."

Sakura found herself taken aback by the relatively short time left. Realizing that she needed to make her way to the gym for her own secret performance preparations. Lucky for her, Oikawa had a plan.

"Hey, Watanabe~ Your sister's over in the infirmary. I think she might have had a heat stroke?" Oikawa nonchalantly strolled towards them, his casual behavior concealing the true motive behind his words.

The mention of a heat stroke, while entirely unnecessary, added a layer of believability to the acting.

Sakura was caught off guard by Oikawa's help. She acted concerned, saying, "Oh no, really? My sister?" Oikawa found it funny inside.

Observing the exchange, Iwaizumi's brows furrowed with genuine concern as he looked at Sakura.

"Don't worry, I'll keep watch at the door until you're back," he assured her, his protective nature shining through.