#02 - Practice Match

song of the chapter!
Drake - Passionfruit

•••

After school, Sakura received news that Seijoh's Volleyball team was set to have a practice match against Karasuno. This excited her, as she knew she'd get to see Tsukishima, her fellow bandmate.

As Karasuno made their way to Seijoh, Sakura scanned the crowd for Tsukishima's familiar face. Upon spotting him, she greeted him with a friendly wave, saying, "Hey Kei! You never mentioned you had a practice match against our school."

Tsukishima returned the wave, replying, "Hey Kura, well, I'm here now. Where's Kunimi?" Curious, Sakura replied, "He's probably on the court with his team. By the way, is Shoyo alright? He looks constipated." She pointed towards the orange-haired boy.

When Hinata noticed Sakura in the crowd, his eyes lit up, and his discomfort suddenly vanished.

With excitement, he called out, "Watanabe!!!" and enthusiastically gave her a high-five. Sakura joined in the celebration, shouting, "Shoyo!!!!"

Hinata and Sakura are next door neighbors.

The other members of Karasuno's team also perked up upon hearing Sakura's name. Tanaka approached Tsukishima, asking in a hushed tone, "Watanabe... Sakura? From The Chaotic Chords?"

Tsukishima let out a sigh and retorted, "I'm literally in the same band." He rolled his eyes in mock annoyance. Tanaka and Sugawara gasped, they were definitely fans of their music.

Sakura confirmed, "Yes, it's me. Best of luck with the practice match. Please take good care of Kei." She offered a respectful bow to the team.

Hinata chimed in with a playful complaint, saying, "That beanpole loves teasing me, Watanabe." He playfully clung to Sakura's arm, drawing smiles from those around them.

Sakura shared a chuckle with the group as they continued their conversation, passing the time until the practice match was set to begin.

Eventually, the moment arrived, and Sakura bid her friends farewell, making her way up the railings to secure a good vantage point to watch the match happen.

After settling into a perfect viewing location for the match, Sakura spotted Seijoh's team already engaged in warm-up exercises.

Her attention was caught by Kunimi's friendly wave as he noticed her presence. Noticing this interaction, Iwaizumi also waved in her direction.

Curious about their connection, Kunimi approached Iwaizumi and remarked, "I didn't know you were friends with Kura."

Iwaizumi confirmed, "We actually got paired up just yesterday, so we've become friends pretty recently."

From her spot, Sakura cheered them on, waving and offering her encouragement.

Kunimi and Iwaizumi acknowledged her with nods before returning to their warm-up routines, leaving Sakura to enjoy the match from her elevated viewpoint.

Out of the blue, a figure approached Sakura, and it turned out to be her younger sister, Hana.

With a hint of amusement, Sakura remarked, "Oh, you're here." Hana responded with a chuckle, saying, "Well, duh. I wouldn't miss this. I mean, I'm literally dating Kunimi."