#03 - Compression Shirt

song of the chapter!
Brent Faiyaz - Trust

•••

It was Saturday, Sakura's favorite day for hitting the gym when she didn't have homework or band practice. She particularly enjoyed going in the evening when there were fewer people.

At her local gym, Sakura put on her go-to workout attire: a loose shirt paired with gym shorts, her preferred outfit for hitting the gym.

This evening, while busy in her leg press set, someone approached her.

"Watanabe? Is that you?" It was Iwaizumi. Sakura quickly pulled off her headphones, and before she could respond, she accidentally took notice of Iwaizumi's physique.

Let's just say, she was checking him out.

He was wearing a black compression shirt that accentuated his upper body gains, paired with gray sweatpants.

Sakura couldn't help but be impressed by his appearance, almost finding herself lost in the observation.

"Oh hey, Iwaizumi. How come I've never seen you around here?" Sakura inquired, giving her sweaty forehead a quick wipe.

"First of all, I am so sorry for interrupting your set. Uh Well, the gym I usually go to nearby got shut down, so I've started coming here instead," he explained.

"No need to apologize, that was my last set anyway," Sakura assured him. She felt a touch of embarrassment realizing someone from her school used the same gym.

"So what are you hitting today?" She asked.

"I'm focusing on arms today. How about you?" Iwaizumi returned the question. Sakura inwardly smirked, finding it quite evident given his muscular arms - she had a strong urge to touch them.

"I'm hitting legs," she replied, carefully holding back from staring too much at his arms. "Alright, have a good session. See you around," Iwaizumi patted her shoulder before heading off to join his friend.

Sakura observed him as he headed to the weights area to work on his arms. She found it hard to look away, drawn to his presence.

"Oh lord have mercy, that's one fine and sexy man," she quietly breathed to herself, struggling to keep her attention on her workout.

Sakura bit her lip and swiftly shook her head, attempting to snap back to reality. She couldn't afford to develop feelings for her seat mate; it would only distract her concentration in class.

As Sakura wrapped up her workout, she retrieved her belongings from the locker and prepared to leave. To her surprise, she noticed that Iwaizumi was also finishing up at the same time.

When Iwaizumi spotted her, he walked over and suggested, "Finished too? How about we walk out together?" He offered her a friendly smile.

Internally, Sakura felt like she was screaming, but she managed to agree. They exited the gym side by side.

"I never knew you were into working out," Iwaizumi remarked, prompting a chuckle from Sakura. "I actually just started about 2 months ago, so I'm still pretty new to all of this," she shared, though it was a white lie since she had only begun a week ago.