My boring life

"I hate you!" Those were the words I yelled before I put my backpack on. I feel so angry right now. Mom, my little brother Linus, and my big brother Leander were preparing for the first day of school. "Leo! Be nice to your brother Leander!" Mom called. I can't tell what's worse right now. Either my big brother Leander or my stupid mother. The sunlight was pouring into the windows of the house. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Leo. Leo Xenos. I think I have a cool last name because it starts with an X. I don't know too many last names that start with an X like that. I am twelve years old, have pale skin, blond hair, and blue eyes. And there is something else about me that you should know. I have autism. This kind of autism make me feel a whole lot anxious. My lunch was already put into my lunch kit and in my backpack. "I'll be outside!" I shouted. "Stay here and wait for everybody else!" Linus hollered. I walked out the front door and stepped outside. I felt like ignoring Linus. I know that you may think that I am mean. The truth is, I feel like my family is being mean to me.

Let me explain why. My father works as a sailor. He would be gone for two to three months at a time. I will take every opportunity that I have to play with him. Though I feel that he is not home enough to figure out the problems that I have with my siblings. My mother doesn't help too much. She likes to be occupied with other things. I just think that she is trying to ignore me in a way. She likes to talk to other parents who have kids on the autism spectrum. I know that there are other families with special needs kids that are living on the other Kanada Islands. I didn't like hanging out with the other special needs kids. As far as I am concerned, they are just like my bad brothers. My big brother Leander is the worse. He breaks anything that belongs to me. He even beats me up when he feels like it. Linus likes to interrupt me when I am in the middle of doing something. I think that he is just trying to get my attention just so Leander could sneak in my room and destroy my stuff. I am living with my family in the country of Kanada. A country that has a lot of islands. I think that I might see of a map of the country in my classroom so that I could remind myself of what it looks like. We have a small front yard. The only thing that grows here is grass. Though there is also some sand here. We also live by a narrow road. We ride on this road with bicycles in order to get from one part of the island to another. Across this narrow road, you could find a collection of palm trees that make some shade during the afternoon. You can also hear the waves splashing on the shore nearby. I took out my bicycle. In fact, nearly everybody on the Kanada Islands owns a bicycle. The only people who don't live in these port or vacation towns. They might own some boats there.

I felt ready to leave and get to school on time. There are a few more things about myself that I should mention. I like to draw. I like to be by myself. And I also like to take part in these competitions at the nearby beach towns. "Leo!" Linus yelled. "What?!" I hollered back. "Wait for us next time!" Linus scolded as he came out from the house. "Since when are you Mom or Dad?" I queried. "We have to wait for everybody! That's a rule!" Linus insisted. Mom and Leander came out from the house next. I was holding onto my bike for a while. Mom went to get her bicycle. Leander charged at me. He knocked me to the ground. I could feel something hurting on my leg. "Oww!" I cried. "Leander!" Mom called. Leander went away. I got up from being hurt in the upper part of my leg. "Are you alright?" Linus asked. I looked at him while I was so upset. "I got kicked by a mean brother. How do you think I feel?" I answered. "Leander isn't always like this." Linus assured me. I ignored what he said. I took my bike out to the other side of the narrow bike road. I stared in the direction of the nearest town. I believe that it was only two kilometers away from our house. Mom walked up to me and had her right hand on my left shoulder. I looked at Mom. She had a concerned expression on her face. "Where does it hurt?" Mom interrogated. I looked at the upper part on my right side leg. Mom looked at it and didn't find any bruises on it. Leander came from the small front yard and brought the Mom's bike and his own bike. He stood behind Linus. Leander also has autism. He has a strong version of it from what I overheard a conversation that Mom had with Dad on the phone. He has blue eyes and also has straight blond hair. Except some of that hair could be long on the sides. Linus was a boy that green eyes and has the same kind of hair I have. His hair goes down to his shoulders. Mom also has some long blond hair that went down to her waist. She gently rubbed her hand on my back. I stared at her. Linus and Leander both got across the bike lane and set up the kickstands. Mom went back to the house to see if it was locked. Leander is sixteen. Linus is about six years old. My little brother is too naive to notice what's going on right now. I think he is just like the parents.