The Furious Kraken

It was a few days before the Christmas break. I was bicycling back home with my family. Mom dropped us off that day. Nixie and Mrs. Oceania smiled every time I come to school. Leander and Linus both went to their own schools. I took the time to work on my homework. Then I could hear some chuckling in the air. It sounded like Mrs. Darkblood was nearby. The chuckling lasted for a minute. I tried to figure out where she was in my room. "Oh no." I groaned. Then I turned to look at the homework sheets that I was beginning to work on. It turns out that the typed sentences and words were getting replaced with some kind of message. The words were written in big black letters. There was some big blots of ink left on the piece of paper. The message on the homework stated, "You can't get rid of me.".

The big blots of ink on the paper started to bubble a little. Almost as if the ink was water in a pot, being held over a stove. I could hear Mrs. Darkblood cackling for a short while after that. Then I closed my eyes for three seconds. That's when I opened them again. The message was gone. The thing that took its place was the typed up words on the homework that I was supposed to do. I ended up finishing the entire sheet of homework. Then I put it away in my backpack. That all happened on Wednesday before the Christmas break. I spent the rest of the time alone in my room. My brothers didn't bother me. Though I do wonder from time to time what they could be up to. I think that they could be sleeping. "Finally, I see that you have time to have somebody talking to you." Mrs. Darkblood's voice rang out in my room. I stood up from sitting on the side of my bed. I was thinking of taking a nap. The sea witch cackled again from the walls. I thought that the villain might be hiding in the walls. "On the weekend, I get your body. I wonder what kind of fun that I can have with it." The witch professed. "You can't have my body. Why are you still around? Are you supposed to be dead?" I queried in my mind. Though I had the impression that I had said those words several times over. "I know that you are a boy who hates your brothers. That hatred fuels my power. You make sure that I am still alive. Yes." Mrs. Darkblood told me in my mind. "Get out! Go away! If I have to fight you again! So be it!" I declared in my mind. "You can't make me disappear!" Mrs. Darkblood contended. That's when the talking in my head stopped. When Mom came home, the whole family was happy that she was going to cook supper. We all wanted to help her make the supper that night. Mom felt happy over that news. Leander helped her out in the kitchen. Linus and I set the table. Mom talked to us about how our day was going.

I told her that my day was going well. Then I mentioned to her that I can't wait for Christmas. Mom smiled back at me. "I think that Christmas is just a week away Leo. It's too bad that Dad won't make it." Linus mentioned. "I know Linus. But remember, he has to do an important job while he's out at sea. Those ships aren't going to stop at those different islands by themselves." Mom answered. "Then we are supposed to do some fun things on our own?" I asked. "Yes Leo." Mom replied. "That shouldn't be a problem for me. Since I can just bicycle my way around the island." I implied. "But I'm too young to be cycling around the island by myself." Linus insisted. "Don't worry Linus. Leander can take care of you. Besides, if you do meet Nixie on the road, then she could take you on a bicycle trip herself." I adduced. "Leo, sometimes you should bring your brothers with you. I'm sure that they would be happy if you would ride with them around the island." Mom opined. Leander smiled. That gave me an eerie feeling at the back of my mind. I didn't like the idea of bicycling along with my brothers. That gave me an idea. Though I had to wait through Thursday and Friday just so any of my brothers or Mom wouldn't know what I would be up to. I took a piece of paper from a pad of paper. Then I had written a message on this same piece of paper. "Morning everybody, I have gone out for an early morning bike ride. The weather is nice, and I enjoy the nice tropical weather." The message stated. During that time, my friend Nixie and I enjoyed playing sports along with the other middle grade students. It felt like that I was having fun. Before I took my bicycle out after school ended before the Christmas break, Nixie gave me a hug. I thanked her, and I bicycled with her back to my house. Then Mrs. Oceania took Nixie back to her house. After everybody was asleep, I set my alarm to wake me up at seven a.m. Then I slept. I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. I quickly had a breakfast of waffles and milk. I sneaked around the house as stealthily as I could. After I cleaned myself up, and put on a fresh set of clothes, I took out my bicycle helmet, and left the note on the dining room table. The sun didn't rise until eight a.m. Though I could see a glimpse of the sun as it was being raised. Though it was still dark. I looked past the palm trees. The water splashed on the shore.