A valentine to remember

The next time that I saw Nixie at school, she had some news to share with me. "I'm leaving to my parents' house." She revealed. "Oh. When will that happen? I'm not ready to see you leave in the middle of the school year." I professed. "Don't worry. I'll be leaving two days after Valentine's Day. So maybe we could do something fun during that time." Nixie proposed. We were discussing about what to do during the first school recess. Then it was time to work on other school subjects. I did notice Nixie and Mrs. Oceania looking at each other. I tried not to get distracted while working on my school assignments. During the last recess of the day, Mrs. Oceania was watching over the students. Nixie and herself disclosed what they want to do with my family and I. "We are planning a boat trip this Saturday coming up. Would you be interested?" Mrs. Oceania interrogated. I nodded my head.

"Of course I would. But I just need the rest of my family to agree with me. Nixie, Mr. Barnacle, and yourself have done a lot for me." I opined. "That's true. Except, We did play with Linus a few times." Nixie adduced. I felt excited about going on a boat trip with my friend. Then school was out for the weekend. That's when I told Mom the news. The EA teacher and Nixie explained about this boat trip that they were planning. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to see you leave yet." Mom spoke. Leander and Linus had normal expressions while the adults talked. That's when Oceania asked if the whole family was interested in going on the trip. "I will be happy to come along." Mom accepted. That made felt happy deep down. Then I bicycled the way home with my family, Nixie, and her guardian. We stopped just outside the house we were living at. "Leo." Nixie called. I looked at her. "I'm not going to be gone for long. It's just that I haven't seen my parents in so long. I'll be back after a week or two. I'll also have to catch up on the different school subjects when I'm away." Nixie insisted. "Are you saying that you want me to help you with your school work when you come back?" I questioned. "Of course. I'm sure that my guardians would let you." After a goodbye, Nixie and Mrs. Oceania pedaled to their house. Leander was the first one inside. Linus and I entered after him. Then Mom closed the door. She pedaled back to work. Linus looked nervously at Leander. He wasn't sure if he was going to be picking on him or on me. I didn't care who he would pick on. I would attack him with my tentacles if he does get any ideas. Leander worked on his homework in the living room. Linus and I worked on our homework in my room. I help Linus as best I could. Then Mom came home. Leander helped out with the cooking.

Linus and I were done before cooking the supper could begin. When we were at the dinner table, Mom explained to us what was going to happen on Saturday. Mrs. Oceania, Nixie, and Mr. Barnacle are going to take us for a boat trip. We have to be wearing our swimsuits and a t-shirt before going to the boat. I had no problem with that. Leander and Linus were staring at Mom while she talked. "I'm happy that Nixie isn't going to be gone for long. She has done a lot for us. She has played with Linus and me at the beach." I put across. "That's true. But I think Leander could do a good a job with watching over you two. You could go to the beach with him and have him participate in the different competitions that the island has." Mom implied. In my mind, I felt frustrated. If I knew Leander, then he would definitely try to beat his little brothers up. Linus remained silent. "I don't know about him watching over us Mom. Could I say just one thing?" I questioned. Mom looked at me with a serious expression. "Go ahead. Is it anything bad you have to say about Leander? I don't want you to make fun of him." Mom asserted. "This has nothing to do with insulting Leander Mom. In fact, it's about what Leander does to us that you should be worried about." I described. Mom turned to look at Leander. My big brother was staring back at me. Then I told the family about the time that Leander tried to wrestle me in the living room. I explained how rough Leander was with me. My big brother stood up from where he was sitting. For a moment, everybody sitting at the dining room table thought that he was going to beat me up. "Leander!" Mom shouted. Leander turned to look at her. "Sit down!" She ordered. Leander sat down in his chair. He stared down at the seaweed and smoked eel that Mom cooked up for supper. "It's good that you told me Leo. Obviously Leander needs to be taught how to look after his siblings properly. I will handle this." Mom instructed. I wonder when would be the day when Leander is going to be sent to that place. That way, we could be safe from getting attacked by him. We all enjoyed our meal. Linus and I helped put the plates in the dishwasher. Leander helped with cleaning some of the kitchen tools used for cooking supper.