Chapter 11 - The Leaky Cauldron

The storm raged outside the Hogwarts Express. Lightning ripped across the sky, and the thunderclaps were intense and deafening. Rain pelted against the windows, streaming down the glass in an impressive curtain.

The wind was also howling fiercely, as evidenced by the autumn leaves swirling through the air, engaging in a chaotic dance. It was an almost apocalyptic weather, unleashing its fury around us and giving this train journey a unique, almost surreal dimension.

However, sitting across from me, in stark contrast to the anarchic atmosphere outside, was Katie, her movements graceful and precise. Her face was gentle and calm, as she attentively reviewed the confidentiality files given to us by Weasley before departure, nibbling on a piece of bread at the same time.

"What do they mean by 'in the case of fatal injuries, the family cannot take legal action against us'? What are the exact risks?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow without lifting her eyes from her document.

I couldn't help but smile at her remark and her focused expression. "The potential risks and injuries are detailed on page 9," I pointed out.

She looked up at me and stared, "You don't read the terms of the contract?"

I chuckled, "I partially wrote them, actually," I mentioned, observing her eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh... I see... well, I really want to read them before I sign, you won't take that personally?" She asked, casting a fearful glance at me.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you," I noted, taking a grape from the wicker basket beside me. "A Ravenclaw signing a paper without reading it... that's inconceivable," I teased, a smirk playing on my face.

She tilted her head to the right and shot me a disapproving glare after my jest. Then, she rolled her eyes, examining my teasing smile before crossing her legs and adjusting her dress before diving back into her reading.

"Splinching? Beheading?" She raised her eyes to me again. "Can you tell me what we're getting into if we sign this?" She asked, concerned.

"Just sign it, Katherine," I told her, trying to hold back a laugh as she composed herself. "It's just a formality, valid for all missions assigned by the Ministry of Magic. From the simplest to the riskiest. Since they need to protect themselves, all potential risks are listed."

"And what if I don't want to sign it?" She inquired, furrowing her eyebrows. Her expression was so adorable that I almost wanted to kiss her right then.

Instead, I picked up the quill beside me and signed my own paper, all while she watched, dumbfounded. "Sign it."

Without answering, I handed her the quill, and after a moment's hesitation, she took it and signed the paper.

Pouting, she passed it to me, and I placed it on top of mine, a smile on my face. "See, it wasn't that hard, was it?" I teased her with a grin.

She sighed and moved closer to me, taking a seat right next to me. She lifted her legs and rested her feet against the bench in front of us. "I'm scared, Sharp," she confessed, her gaze fixed on the window.

I placed a hand on her thigh, and she immediately turned her head to me, looking at me with surprise. Yet, a hint of happiness tinted her cheeks pink.

"You don't have to be scared. You're with me, and I won't let anything happen to you," I declared, locking my gaze with hers. She rested her head on the back of the bench, and I slowly put my hand on her cheek, brushing a strand of hair off her beautiful face.

I was so tempted by her sweet, pink lips. I leaned in, my heart racing. She didn't dare move, every fiber of her body frozen, anticipating my next move.