Chapter 33 - A Deep Conversation*

I woke up in the middle of the night, the cold biting my skin. I reached out beside me, searching for her, but found the sheets empty and as frozen as the atmosphere. Concerned, I sat up in bed, holding the blanket at my waist and turned my head toward the window of the room. And there she was, a silhouette emerging from the darkness, faintly illuminated by the moonlight streaming through the slightly ajar window.

Her delicate curves were outlined in the darkness. She sat on the windowsill, her head resting on her knees pulled up to her chest. Her arms wrapped around her legs as if trying to stay warm. My heart raced as a gust of wind brought snowflakes into the room, and she raised her hand, attempting to catch them in her palm. She must be freezing here, wearing only what seems to be my shirt. But she didn't seem to care. She appeared peaceful and calm.

She had fallen asleep so hard and suddenly, a couple of hours ago, that I barely had time to express how my heart was aching and beating for her. I just kept her in my arms and protected her under the cover, thrilled to have her so vulnerable close to me.

"Katie?" I whispered softly, hoping to get her attention.

But she seemed lost in her thoughts. She sighed deeply at the same moment and grabbed her wand next to her, playfully swirling the snowflakes around her. Some fell on her hair, turning her fiery locks into a cascade of diamond-like gems.

"Katie," I repeated with a louder voice.

She immediately raised her head and gave me a radiant smile. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, but come back to bed; it's freezing here."

Seeming to snap back to reality, she slid down to the floor and hastily closed the window before walking towards me. Moving back in bed to make room for her, I lifted the cover at the same time, ready to welcome her into my arms.

She sighed deeply as she approached, placing her wand on the bedside table next to her before climbing onto the bed and crawling towards me. Then, she swung her leg over me, sensually straddling me.

"You should sleep," I declared, trying to regain composure after the surprise of her act. However, I placed my hands on her thighs on either side of me and winced at the coldness of her skin.

"I should... but what a waste of time when I could just stay here and enjoy you," she declared, her hands caressing my chest. Immediately, I stopped her motion. Her cold hands felt like thousands of needles on my skin. Keeping them clasped together, I reached for my wand with the other hand under the pillow and conjured a magical flame, which began to hover between us. It was impressive but not dangerous.

Placing my hands around her, I intertwined my fingers with hers as she started moving her hips above me, eliciting a groan of desire from me. "Aren't you sore from yesterday, baby?"

"I'm not. I would need more than that to be sore," she responded softly, yet my heart tightened, a doubt settling in my mind.

Trying to rationalize, I remained silent for a moment, enjoying the pleasure her movements provided. Slowly, the flickering flame diminished until it disappeared completely, and her hands found their way back to my chest, exploring my body gently.

Between her legs, her wetness flowing against me as she rode me drove me crazy. She had made me so hard that I could think of nothing else.

"I want you," I let out, my grip on her intensifying.

She smiled; her face illuminated by the flames of the candles burning anew in the room. Without a word, she pushed on her legs and lifted herself a few inches, enough to let me move.

I couldn't control my desire and let my hand slide along her thigh, moving up towards her lower abdomen. Longing, I tenderly caressed the inside of her thighs. With the other hand, I placed myself closer to her entrance, teasing her.