Chapter 0: In a flash

I do not own any pictures in this story, only the characters and plotline.

Inside a destroyed city at an abandoned mall center, two women were securing as many supplies on their motorcycles as possible.

They knocked out the people who were trying to take it away from them. One look at the dragon logo on their jacket let them know that it was not a coincidence meeting with random angry survivors.

"If there is one thing that I can give the man, it is that he is persistent," An African American nineteen-year-old girl named Jade Wilson whistled as she kicked one of the down men in the face before he got the chance to regain consciousness. She wore navy blue gym shorts and a matching sports bra with a small white skull on the right side. Her hair was left natural, only picked out and pulled into a ponytail. "Love is such a scary emotion, right?"

The Italian girl named Maria said with a snort as she wiped away the remaining blood from her metal bat with her handkerchief. Her hair was pulled into a bun so she wouldn't ruin it when she confronted some 'guests' that wandered into her territory. She wore basic grey gym pants that kept her mobile and an athlete tank top that revealed her six-pack. "Love is a beautiful thing. It's just that a man wishes to taint the big boss and the lady's love with his sick fetish."

"Fetish?" Jade snickered at that as she could not help but agree with that assessment. The number of times that they were forced to fight off that man's soldiers from sabotaging them or preventing him from getting information on the whereabouts of their boss was too much to count. What type of love makes someone want to ruining the chances of survival for their loved one?

In her eyes, that type of love is toxic, and needs to stay far away from their group. It was already giving them a bad rep with some of the other survivor groups that either sometimes get caught in the crossfire or were forced to join forces with them when the commotion had caught the attention of the monsters that live among them. In all, it was tiresome progress that Jade wished would end already.

'No matter how many times Samuel rejects that man's advances and tries to explain that he is happy with his girlfriend, the man refuses to listen,' Jade thought tiredly as the memory of the tall raven-haired man weld a clever as he attempted to cut off the head of Samuel's girlfriend. A shiver went down her spine as the memory of madness and lust that was present in the man's ink-black eyes still gives her nightmares. 'And his gift and those stupid followers make it more difficult to remove him altogether.'

She snapped out of her thoughts when she noticed Maria become more animated and passionate as she ranted passionately about being the defender of their boss and childhood friend's pure maiden love. 'If Samuel heard that, then he would have flipped.'

Jade shakes her head before she begins to hurry and pickpocket the men in hopes of gaining something useful. When she found nothing but a piece of bubblegum paper and a paperclip inside one of the men's pockets, she sucked her teeth and went to the next one. This kept going for a few minutes before a short, dry chuckle was heard, causing her to stop what she was doing to look over at the figure.

"I really cannot leave you for even a second." The dull yet amused voice of their captain as she walked up to them. Diana has long, silky black hair pulled into a ponytail, three earrings on her right ear, and sea-blue eyes that always look tired. She was wearing a sleeveless black shirt that revealed the sleeve tattoo on her left arm and leggings. With a sword strapped to her back, she gives off a cool ninja girl look. "It's time to wrap things up; leave them here. Rather, they live or die relies on how long it takes for their leader to decide to retrieve them."