Chapter 26: Reunion

"Clara was a wonderful redhead woman that always on the naive side. Never understanding the culture nor have a strong sense of stranger danger," Mayor Laurel told them, her eyes clouded as she recalled the fond memories she had with her. "Despise her flaws she was willing to bring some of ideas to cities she visited relieving some of their grievances. This is the reason why we live in cabins instead of huts and have delicious treats like these raisin cookies."

"I was able to form allies and trades with other cities from across sea, thanks to her. I was hoping that she would settle down here with her mates and continue to share her knowledge, but it was not meant to be. She had an idea to build her own city after a fight with our old mayor," Mayor Laurel rubbed her forehead gaining a headache over the stupidness of her former mayor. "And with the help of the other cities was able to build a city in the forest, a place called Wild City."

"I been there a week ago," Jade spoken up, leading to Mayor Laurel to look at her in complete horror. "It was a quite an experience."

"My goodness! You been there during the invasion! You must have been so scared," Mayor Laurel said. "When we saw the smoke coming from the area, me and the candidates had round up our most capable guards to go and drive the invaders away. May I ask how you manage to escape."

"My husband and a couple of other beastmen was able to get me out of there."

"If you want, I can always send some trackers to see if they can pick up them." Mayor Laurel said after noticing the lingering sadness and hope in her eyes. 

"It's okay, I am certain that the stubborn man will find a way to find me one way or another," Jade answered, not noticing the way Yuma grimace at that. "Can you tell us where we can find her?" 

"She died after building quite a name for herself," Mayor Acacia continued. "It was a sad day then. All the beastmen mound her lost, especially that good for nothing beastman of hers; Mayor Silas." Mayor Laurel's mournful expression turned into one of hatred and disgust at the mention of the beastman. "Out of all her beastmen that filthy prideful man manages to survive and have her heir and her ideas yet unwilling to waste it all just to cling on to old traditions, ridiculous!! I should have bribed her harder to stay if I knew that was going to happen!"

This information had the gears in Jade's head turning as she tried to come up with a picture of what happened to Clara. Samuel came back into the room, cradling their tiny calf in his arms. The calf weakly lifted up his head to look at the unfamiliar people and let out a small moo.

Jade and the others' heart melted at the sight of the baby. 

'I already missed my kids,' Victoria thought, craving the feeling of carrying her children when they start to get sleepy. 'I hope that they are behaving while I am gone.'

Samuel went to whisper something into Mayor Laurel's ear before stepping back.