Chapter 21: The reason why the city fall ( Part 2 )

"Well, looks like the feral has finally come out of hiding and... is that the royal son of the leaders of the Chow Chow and Dingo clan?" Mayor Silas questioned, furrowing his eyebrows together at the strange sight of the royal dog beastman following behind the feral lizard. "How did you manage to get a royal clan member to your side?"

"Are you accusing me in creating this tragic event?" Diego asked coldly; the childlike demeanor was gone in a second leaving a much more elegant aura around him. Giving Alan nearly had whiplash at the quick change.

"I would never even think about such a thing," Mayor Silas' attitude switch to anger to humbler and calmer one.  He gives a polite deep bow to show sorry he was for the assumption that he made. "I was just surprised that someone who came from such an isolated elegant clan is willing to stand near a creature that is known for their bloodthirsty nature."

"Ah, but the Dingo clan is well-known for associate with dangerous men to asset if they are useful to the clan or not. So talking to a feral that was allowed entry was something that I could not help but check out. Since I am in a forgiving mood I will for that misconception," Diego said calmly as he walked leisurely towards the mayor and a surprised Vice. "I would also like to know why the mate of the mayor's pup is the suspect of this crime."

"Very well," Mayor Silas signal two four stripe guards to come out. The first one is from the minor royal Grey Fox clan, the beastman stood at five feet and six inches with lanky yet muscular built with dark gray silky hair that was pulled into a ponytail and reddish orange eyes. His bushy tail sway left to right behind him as his station partner followed behind him with his large heavy steps.

The second beastman came from the Buffalo Tribe, the man was six feet and seven inches tall making him the second largest beastman behind Vice. He has shoulder-length woolly dark brown hair and a short bushy beard with small horns on his head. He has massively large muscles that made Vice's looked small in comparison. In his large hand was a clay cup that was served to them that have some dirt on it when it falls from their collapse and a small brown pouch.

"My name is Micheal from the Grey Fox clan, and this is Dean from the Buffalo can respectfully," Micheal introduces him and his partner before bowing. Straightening up he took both items out of Dean's hand and give it to Mayor Silas. "These are the cups given to us by Lady Lilian before the celebration follow with delicious snacks. I have reason to believe that the plum juice that she given us was mixed with an herb that we found in a pouch located in the home that he shared with Lady Lilian and her mates."

Opening the pouch reveals large waxy dark green leaves that have a peppermint smell coming from it. Mayor Silas pulled one of them out to show the rest of the audience. Vice's felt dread settle in the pit of his stomach as he has a bad feeling about what mayor was going to say next. 

"This is a holy basil. A strong herb well known for helping suppressed the active minds of our sleep deprive guards after a war and put them in a deep slumber," Mayor Silas explained. "It was one of the ingredients of the cucumber juice that was given to them by my daughter. My sweet child always given the guards treats during these celebrations to help out with their stress levels and keep them more focus. Naturally they drunk it without a second thought."

"In other words, it was all your daughter's fault," Alan pointed out this fact. "How could Vice's possibility know that she would have done something like that. Besides did you not told me that you only had three stripes' guards?"

Alan rolled his eyes when the beastmen excluding Diego had given him a dirty look at even suggesting that Lilian was the cause.

"A lie that I give you so you would not go off trying to rip their heads off." Mayor Silas stated dryly.