Chapter 23: Prove Your Commitment, Vice

"Is that all I get for the trouble?" Alan asked, sucking his teeth as he looked inside the sack with the gems inside. 

"Seventy clear crystals and five emeralds are nothing to look down on," Diego stated, wanting to please Alan, he added. "But if you want to see some bloodshed than we can always up it to at twenty emeralds."

Alan glanced over at the tanned skinned man to see that he was looking at him with the same fanboy look he give him when they first met. 

'I guess that his attitude towards me is still the same.' Alan thought, his mind was still trying to wrap around the fact that the beastman that was practically treating him like he was some type of God had come from royalty. Sucking his teeth, he tied it back up. "This is good enough for now, I don't want to stay in this place any longer than I have too."

"I understand," Diego stated, also wanting to head out and searching for the woman that stole his heart. He was about to lead the way when he remembered that he needed to deal with something before he leaves. "Can you wait a second?"

Alan frowned, trying to figure out when he had given the dog beastman the impression that he was going to allow him to help out in the search. Before he could get the chance to remind him how he felt about him being near Jade, Diego had gone to go and try to talk to the prisoner. Making Alan shake his head at his impulse.

Diego become annoyed when he got stopped by the leader of the guards that was going to take Vice to the Dingo Clan, Dean. The buffalo beastman was taller than Diego by a foot making it even more disturbing for Diego when the grown man hover over him with a wide grin. Resisting the urge to snap at Dean, he put on his business smile.

"Make sure to tell my father that I might not come home in a few full moons," Diego told Dean in front of the entrance. "I am going to search for my mate with my partner."

"Hahaha, yeah. I will make sure," Dean said hurrying like he has something important to say. Diego raises an eyebrow at that and crossed his arms waiting for him to tell him want he wanted to say. Diego frowned as he watches Dean's face turned a little red as he gains to courage to talk. "I just want to let you know that you are really amazing for sticking up for that feral."

"Alan."

"Yeah, yeah," Dean said dismissively before taking the man's hand. "Anyways, I was wondering if I can court your female. She must be wonderful for wanting to accept a feral."

Diego internal cringe when he felt the sweatiness in his hand before laughing like they were good friends. Dean did not understand why the young prince was laughing but he assumed that Diego agreed to his request and chuckling too, wagging his tail happily. That is why it came to a shock to him when Diego snatched his hand away and wipe it off on his fur pelt. "Like hell you can."

The desperate smile of Dean's face dropped as Diego kept on laughing. Diego glanced over towards Vice and the other guards and what he saw had improved his mood after dealing with Dean. Vice was looking at the ground with the three stripes guards surrounded him, goofing off. Mayor Silas wanted to employ his four or five stripes on him since they were eager to redeem themselves. However, with a quick reminder about the state of his city with the few traumatic women he has left, and Vice's disability made him change his mind.