Chapter 29: Making a new friend

'This is nice,' Jade thought to herself, satisfied with how today was going. Despite the fact she thought that Alan might try to create trouble when he met them again, he did nothing but be helpful with shopping and attempt to try join in conversation. Diego also turns out to be a good contrast to Yuma's quiet well-manner behavior, he always upbeat and is ready to get him involved in a conversation.

"Ack!" Jade was cut out of her musing when she suddenly been lift up from behind. Diego looks up at the fluster woman on his shoulder.

"What are you thinking about?" Diego asked cheerfully, fully content with having the heat of her body radiating on him. Jade rest her hand on his other shoulder to make sure she keeps balance.

"Just thinking how relaxing this is." Jade answered with a soft hum, getting herself comfortable.

"Right?" Diego agreed. "I want every day to be like this."

"Are you forgetting about us?"

Jade turns her head to see Alan and Yuma was looking at them jealous, Diego did not even bother to stop his pace instead he steadies his grip on Jade before picking up the pace. Startling Jade and the other two men.

"Let's ditch them, Jade!" Diego stated laughing. Jade's heart began to beat wildly from excitement and fear at the way Diego run off, she could not stop herself from laughing as the sound of Yuma's and Alan's distance protesting.

Their playful interaction did not go unnoticed by the onlookers as the desire to be part of what they have grew stronger the longer they watch on. The desire to join in their fun grow strong the longer they watch the group while some who are already mated felt jealous of the fact their relationship was nowhere near as harmonious as them.

"You finally stop," Alan said once they manage to catch up with the runaways. Yuma shot over towards Diego's side and was about to demand him to release her when he notices the fact, they were focusing on something in front of them.

"Choose me as your new mayor and promise you will have the right to speak your opinion without fear of retribution and bring forth the beauty of eastern part of our world that is separate by sea!!"

The sound of a woman's passionately shouting peak Yuma and Alan's attention as they finally rely the fact that they been looking at a heavy-set woman standing on top of a large rock in the middle of the street. There was a small crowd surround her with a few of them being couples watching on intently as the woman preach.

The woman has her silky brown hair was pulled into two buns with two bamboo hairpins in it on the visible ends was a curve piece of jade. The clothing she wore was a yellow silk straight-cut robe with a brown belt gives her an overall refine look to her.

"Oh, someone from my continent," Diego stated when he saw her clothing. "That's new, it would be interesting to have her as the mayor."

"Why do she need to do that?" Alan asked curious about the strange sight.

"We came during the mayor selection time," Diego answered, tilting his head curious about what the woman's beastmen was handing out to the crowd. "Three of the most beautiful women go against each other to prove to the citizens who is the smartest and show great leadership while the losers become her advisors. But I have to admit the fact she decided to try to gain favor from beastmen is strange."