Chapter 36: Alliance between husbands

'What did I just hear?' Diego wondered to himself as he continued to watch the love of his life Jade argued with Victoria about leaking information. 'She is human. I do not understand what she meant about kinda but in the end it does not change a thing. She is just like Mayor Silas's wife. Neither Alan nor Yuma thought of informing me about this.' 

Vile began to rise in his throat as a wave of horror washes over him when he thought about the raid and what could have happened to Jade if they manage to find out about her unique birthing ability. 'She only has a no stripe beastman to protect her at the time. I never should have left them alone during that terrifying time. Goddamn it, Alan should have never separated from her and trust her protect to us when we were nothing more than strangers at the time.'

Diego bites his tongue to prevent himself from shouting at Jade to figure out why she did not trust him with this information and tried to count to ten to calm down. 'Relax, there is no way she can trust me if we only know each other for four days.... Even though I risk my life to save hers.'

Jade look back at them before sucking her teeth and grabbing both of Tessa and Victoria's arms to go deeper into the woods to have a conversation in private. The beastmen's sensitive hearing allow them to still hear them, making feel at ease to know that they are still close enough to save them if they need to. The beastmen stood around awkwardly, not knowing what to say. 

"They are really going at it. Can I escape before they notice?" Jake mutter as he began to inch backwards again.

"I will chance you if you try."

"You will not make it far."

"I dare you too."

"I fucking promise you that I will fill you with so many holes so fast if you take another step."

Diego and the other beastmen blinked in surprise when they said the same thing.

"Looks like I am not the only one who have that thought." Diego laugh causing Carson, Spike, and Talon chuckle too. They ignored the defeat Jake as he sat on the ground muttering about 'How unfair this it.'

"Any responsible mate will make sure to remove any potential threats to their loved one." Carson answered with a shrug. 

"I doubt that Jake will try to do anything, but Tessa felt guilty about allowing our other mate to do recruiting at other villages so bringing him into the fort will make her feel better. He should currently come back for when we do leave." Talon commented as Spike decided to entertain himself by poking at Jake with a stick. "But I have to admit Jade is right about her lacking your mark."

"We plan on doing it when we are at the safety of her village," Carson informed them with a daydreamlike expression. "I plan on becoming the head chief of the gardening division."

"They have a what now?" Spike asked, Jake perked up listening. "I thought that they are newly forming."

"That is the reason why I am willing to ask the leader about that," Carson replied. "I find gardening much more fulfilling than being a guard. I always wanted to trade places with one of the gardeners, but Mayor Laurel is against that since it is considered to be 'not making use of my capabilities.'"